1.    #1  
    Venting. Just sitting here. Have not touched the SprintPCS Treo 650 in over an hour and it just reset itself. Not the first time and certainly not the last. I hope P1 or Sprint or both have new firmware soon. It's ridiculous to spend this much on a device that sucks this bad.
    MRL-MO
    Did you try entering the code (in Phone) to see what application caused the reset? I forget what the code is on Sprint models (do a search) but on the unlocked GSM it's: #*377
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    ##377 dial
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Did you try entering the code (in Phone) to see what application caused the reset? I forget what the code is on Sprint models (do a search) but on the unlocked GSM it's: #*377
    I have in the past. It's passe to do it anymore, but since you asked

MemoryMgr.c, Line:3846, Invalid chunkptr

Any thoughts...
    MRL-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by mlemke
    I have in the past. It's passe to do it anymore, but since you asked

MemoryMgr.c, Line:3846, Invalid chunkptr

Any thoughts...
    invalid chunkptr. Kinda like peanut butter. I'd go for creamy over chunky, any day.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  6.    #6  
    That's helpful! Not!
    MRL-MO
    But it was funny.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Same thing just happened to me: just sitting there and it reset itself. Based on the time, I was guessing it had to do with an alarm...sure enough: fatal exception in Calendar. (And, yes, I have network time un-checked. Have since my last hard reset.)

I've had this thing for a couple weeks now, and have soft resets frequently. I've now hard reset and started over 4 times, including deleting versamail files using FileZ due to a corruption.

I love the device, but at this point it seems almost unusable. I've stripped it back to the default apps plus a very small handful that (according to many on this forum) are "stable" (Directory Assistant, Splash Wallet, PowerRun, FileZ)

{sigh}
    You guys need to see this thread for the cure to all resets:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&page=1&pp=20

10.    #10  
    Whatever... More useless *h*t!
    MRL-MO