1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Treo 600. The voicemail, icon stays on even tho I have no voicemail or messages. Have tried soft boot, no help, icon won't go away.
    Also, my son has a Sprint phone and everytime he tries to call me, my phone does not ring, instead reboots. We have tried it several times with the same results. Any idea's? I tried Sprint support, they were no help.
    Plug the Treo into the wall charger and see if it does the same while pluged in.
  3.    #3  
    Burkhardi, just tried that, no luck. He says it rings on his end and goes straight to voicemail. My phone just reboots. I do not have this problem with other calls from Sprint phones.
    Try to delete him from your contacts and see if that works, if you have him on speed dial delete that too. So it's only from your son then, perhaps a corupt file. Try that and see what you get. Too weird..
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Try this:

From the Phone screen...
    Press the MENU key.
    Select "Options".
    Select "Phone Preferences".
    Tap the "Clear Voicemail Icon" button.

All Better?
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Widdy, that worked. Wonder why Sprint tech support does not know about his!
  7.    #7  
    I removed him from speed dial, didn't work. I then removed him from speed dial and phone book, now it works. Strange!
    I was thinking it was in the Contacts/Phone Book. Try to add him back now. It was just a corrupt file I assume, when he would call the Treo could pull up that data from the contacts and reset.

I assumed that Sprit told you what Widdy told you ..LOL so much for assumptions.
    I had this problem yesterday. I called my voicemail, no messages. I tried to send myself a voicemail. Then I checked, and deleted it. Icon gone. Weird.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    That worked for me, too. Curious.
    The sticky VM icon has happened to me a couple of times & I just do as suggested above to remove it. Somes things just get stuck.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have had the #1 beside the VM icon since day 1 with my sprint treo 650. I tried the :
    From the Phone screen...
    Press the MENU key.
    Select "Options".
    Select "Phone Preferences".
    Tap the "Clear Voicemail Icon" button.

, but it did not work for me....Jay