1.    #1  
    I was moving some games to the SD Card. After copying and checking that they play correctly off the card, I was deleteing the games from the phone.

I deleted an application called Checker (instead of the application called Checkers).

The file is not listed in the BackupBuddy VFS list. It's not in the Backup directory on the PC either ....

What does Checker (in the application list) do? How do I get it back?

Thanks.
    Aloke
  2.    #2  
    Here are the applications on my Phone and card, in case that helps identify the Checker application/file:

Adobe Reader
    Audiolist
    Backupbuddy VFS
    Crash
    Datebk5
    Dataviz Tech
    Documents to Go (the applications are on the SD card)
    FileZ
    Graffiti Anywhere
    Reset Phone
    Soft Reset
    TextPlus
    TimeSync
    TreoAlarm
    VoiceDial

On the Card:
    Adobe Reader
    Backgammon
    BackupBuddy VFS
    Checkers
    Chess
    Colors
    Pokerdice
    Shuffle
    Sol Free
    Solitaire
    Tetris
    Zap!2016

All latest versions as of yesterday evening ..

Thanks.
    Aloke
    I don't have it on my Treo. I suspect it was part of the Checkers app. Lot's of apps install more than one prc file on the device, even though you only hotsync one file.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    I wonder why BackupBuddyVFS doesn't show any file with that name..

Do you recommend that I do a total restore from BackupBuddy and re-delete the games from the Treo?

Aloke
  5. tmt
    Checker gets installed by the Carkit update, and maybe others. I don't think it's a problem to delete it, but I kept it anyway. There are a bunch of localized overlay files that go along with it, Checker_enUS etc that you might delete if you don't have the main Checker any more...
  6.    #6  
    Cool. I'll re-install the Carkit update. That helped the Treo work with my BT420 bluetooth headset...

How does one find out this sort of information (which application installed which files)?

Aloke
    The "Uninstall Manager" program is one way of tracking the files associated with Palm programs.
  8.    #8  
    Will Uninstall Manager track files from applicatins installed in the past?

Or will it keep track of applications installed after UM has been installed on the Treo?

Aloke
    After you've installed it, it keeps an eye on files (and prefs entries) created by all applications, but it also uses the Creator ID of files to associate them with their parent applications, regardless of when they were installed.

The useful companion program, CleanUp, is able to find files which don't seem to belong to any program and search their code to find which program they probably belong to by identifiying CreatorIDs.

Of course, neither of them would help with the problem detailed above, because they can only tell you about the files currently on your PDA.