Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I used blazer to lookup a phone number with infospace and when I highlighted and tapped on the number a window came up and asked me if i wanted to dial that number found in the search. N I C E
    Powerfull!
    Man if that blows your mind...you're in for a world of fun. Try texting GOOGL with some info (pizza waltham, ma) and see how it comes back. Click on number and dial.

Or vncing to your home computer with a usuable resolution and turning on iTunes and scaring the crap out of your girlfriend. Now that's good fun!
  4.    #4  
    Well... I wouldn't say it blew my mind. I've just been a two device guy since the P800 and T-Mobiles PPC Phone. I think it showed a little bit of thought.

Since it appears that this forum has turned into a Treo 650 bashing fest I thought I spread some "love".
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt-Helm
    Since it appears that this forum has turned into a Treo 650 bashing fest I thought I spread some "love".
    LOL!

Search and tap to dial, voice commands and voice dialing... this is where smartphones should be... I'm happy that these facilities are now truly becoming usefully functional...
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGibbons
    Man if that blows your mind...you're in for a world of fun. Try texting GOOGL with some info (pizza waltham, ma) and see how it comes back. Click on number and dial.

Or vncing to your home computer with a usuable resolution and turning on iTunes and scaring the crap out of your girlfriend. Now that's good fun!
    heh heh.... did that. scared the cat instead.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!

I'm trying to get my home automation system running so I can pull lots of juvinile pranks on my family while on the road. I am so easliy entertained.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Try texting GOOGL with some info (pizza waltham, ma) and see how it comes back. Click on number and dial.
    Forgot about this - you send Google a text message? What address do you send it to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Forgot about this - you send Google a text message? What address do you send it to?
    GOOGL=46645
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Googl= 46645
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    They truly did a superb job with the web, no doubt about it.
    - the first snowflake
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Tried it and it took 45 min to return the search. Only identified two pizza shacks in a town of 200k people. Only second message was received (2 of 2). The first one never arrived. Sounds very cool in principle though.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Uh, just got the first listing. Cool..so I received both listings. This could be useful. I wish they would speed it up.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    Are you accessing your computer by a remote desktop app like Win Hand or is this something else entirely?

By the way, the Google thing is awesome!!! I swear, I learn something new about this phone every day!!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jejagua
    Tried it and it took 45 min to return the search. Only identified two pizza shacks in a town of 200k people. Only second message was received (2 of 2). The first one never arrived. Sounds very cool in principle though.
    Pretty odd. Usually takes less than 30 secs for me. Hopefully it'll be quicker for you the next times around.
    Can someone explain how I could do the remote VNCing?
    Also try "movie: [your zip code]"

Way cool.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    VNC---Google UltraVNC. They have a free palm client and a vnc server for your desktop at home. Open the right ports in the router and be you your way to total access.

Google Texting-Never takes more than a minute for me. I love it. They are expanding the functionality a little at a time. Maps and directions are supposed to happen as well AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Also$, $the$ $GOOGL$ $thing$ $works$ $from$ $any$ $text$ $capable$ $phone$. $Google$ $blows$ my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    They truly did a superb job with the web, no doubt about it.
    - the first snowflake
    Wow, you actually had something positive to say!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Great thread title. Very informative.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast