1.    #1  
    I am sure most of you are aware of this, but since I was directed by this board to chatteremail and fastmail I need to say a big THANK YOU!!!

I opened up a free fastmail account today and loaded BETA version 1.0.4b1 of chatteremail. I now have true push e-mail. No more hvaing to tell versamail or snapper to go out every five minutes and look for mail. Chatter works perfectly with fastmail. Since my company supports Blackberry and I am a devoted Palm OS person, I now have the best of both worlds. I created a rule on Outlook 2003 that I can enable when I am away from my lap top or out of the office. I turn it on and any e-mail in my Inbox is also forwarded to my fastmail account. Chatter grabs it from there and instantly sends it to my Treo 650.

I have been running the BETA for about 4 hours now and sent a ton of test e-mails with and without attachments. All works great. even pulling the attachments into Docs To Go was a breeze. Marc has done a great job on this application.

If you want push e-mail on your Treo 650 this is the way to go!
    I also have been trying out chatteremail and it is the BEST thing to put on your Treo 650!!! Instant push email is a wonderful thing for sure. No more checking my many different email accounts several times a day.
    Yeah, Marc has really created a phenomenal application. In fact, I loved it so much, I told my buddy (who started a VoIP consulting company) to try it. He loved it so much that he's provisioning Treo 650s to all of his consultants with Chatter Email.

Btw, runner7395, thanks for your comments on my Text America blog (I think it was you - I recognize the pic of your Yellow Lab) - you got a great looking Lab, too! Aren't they just the best dogs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Yes Marc has a great product, but if he can just get AOL to work with it, I'm back on Chatter program. I know its not him its those idiots at AOL.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Maybe it's time to graduate from AOL?
    believe me I have, but my wife still pays for the service, so I kept my email. I try useing my Fastmail & Gmail more now...by the way do they work better with Chatter?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I created a rule on Outlook 2003 that I can enable when I am away from my lap top or out of the office. I turn it on and any e-mail in my Inbox is also forwarded to my fastmail account. Chatter grabs it from there and instantly sends it to my Treo 650.
    txschafers, you might want to doublecheck with your company about forwarding emails outside their system. Some companies consider it a breach of security and grounds for dismissal.

Not trying to rain on your parade because I just started using the trial of Chatter using Fastmail and GMail last night, and I'm already hooked. I'm an IT person, and wouldn't want you to get into trouble.

Mike
  8.    #8  
    I checked with them prior to doing it and it was not a problem. I had the same concern when I loaded the program. Thanks for the heads up though!