1.    #1  
    on my t650 i have noticed that when i have voicemail, the little mail icon appears at the top of the screen. at the same time the little asterisk alert thing appears as well. why do i need two alert indications. the asterisk alone would be fine because it tells me if i missed a call or have voicmail. anyway how can i get rid of one or the other?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    that little asterix won't seem to go away on mine. it flashes all the time - whether the phone is activated or not. i've been wondering if that was some sort of software glitch...
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG
    that little asterix won't seem to go away on mine. it flashes all the time - whether the phone is activated or not. i've been wondering if that was some sort of software glitch...
    Did you click on the flashing asterisk?
  4.    #4  
    i can clear the flashing asterisk but i dont like having to call my voicemail to clear the icon,then click the asterisk to clear it all for the same message.
    You can click on the asterix and then the voicemail message within it. This will launch the dialer and call your voicemail (at least on Sprint).

Quote Originally Posted by 1jake
    i can clear the flashing asterisk but i dont like having to call my voicemail to clear the icon,then click the asterisk to clear it all for the same message.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    When I get an SMS, too much stuff happens: asterisk + pop-up message + it turns on. I'd like nothing to happnen. I've given up on butler as I've been having reset problems, losing registration info. Not sure if that's the problem, but I'm just tired of every week or so having to do a hard reset and full install. I've tried to turn off all the alerts I could, but still I get them.
    Is there a way to make the Asterisk NEVER come on!?!?! I hate it!
    Bump: Anyone figure out how to make that asterisk disappear forever?
    Or is there a way to access/acknowledge it with the 5-Way Nav? If not, what's the point? I also hate that asterisk....
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i agree with that post
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    I kind of like that little asterisk.
    wait till u r tying to make a call and u realize that asterisk is preventing u from doing anything and u have your other hand occupied with carrying books or something....

Good idea....poor delivery
    I don't care for the asterix either, but how it would ever prevent you from doing anything is beyond me. I agree however that there ought to be someway to access the alert via the keyboard or 5-way nav.
    press & hold the center button.
    I just use AsteriskOFF.

Just kidding, but I'm using KBLightsOFF and LEDOff and liking them. So it could be just a matter of time. I guess I am in the camp that likes the asterisk as it gets my attention.
    *cough*lazy*cough*
    Latest moBlog shot:
    "Press and Hold" the center button... thanks Chriztang!
    Now I can live withi it...
    I scoured the manual and the Know Treo book and couldn't find the "press and hold the center button".....way to go!

Byron
    But you still have to clear all....nice idea, but not helpful to me