1.    #1  
    I just bought a Cingular 650 and it rocks, but I have an issue trying to capture video at 352x288. When I press the button to record I get a Video Error “unable to encode the video”. The lower resolution works fine, but only errors with the hi res camcorder. Has anyone else had this issue? Help!

Thanks,
    Jimmy
    I don't have the problem. Tried both res. and record to either internal or to my 1 Gig SD card. ( I have 9.6 megs left in internal memory)

Check your internal memory or sd card. You may not have enough left to accomodate the hi-res files.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    JimmyMack - how much memory do you have available. A friend of mine has this problem as well and has 8.4M free which makes me think it's unrelated to amount of free memory.

For comparison, he's running software version 650-1.02-CNG hardware rev A. You can get your info via Options->Phone Info from the Phone app. You running the same thing?
  4.    #4  
    I’m thinking it’s a memory problem related to goodlink, but I still have 3.9 free. My company installed goodlink and when goodlink is NOT running my hi-res camera works fine. When good link is loaded and running the camera does not recorded hi-res. Lovely. Any suggestions?

Jimmy
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMack
    Any suggestions?
    Jimmy
    Sure, don't use the camera in hi-res when Goodlink is running.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks

Unfortunately, once Goodlink is running, it stays running until I do a soft re-set…..what a pain.

Jimmy
    Discussion continued starting in post 186 over here