1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo650 and this is the first bug I've encountered.

I upgraded from a Tungsten E, and noticed that I can't edit my previously existing contacts using the Treo. I can enter edit mode and make my changes (e.g., changing a phone number or changing the category a particular contact is in), but when I finish and press "done," the contact reverts back to its original state as if I never made the changes. I've noted that this does not occur if I make a new contact using my Treo and then subsequently return to that contact to edit it. Also, I can still edit my old contacts on the desktop, too.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Anyone else notice this problem?

Much obliged.
    That sounds like a corrupt contacts database. I would delete the database on the Treo using Filez and on hotsync set it for PC to overwrite handled once. See if that helps.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the advice.
    i actually got through to palmone support and they felt it was secondary to a compatibility issue on upgrade from my old palm. so they had me transfer all my databases to a new username, perform a hard reset, then sync the data to the treo under a new username. took awhile, but it worked. no more problems editing existing contacts.