1.    #1  
    I'm very frustrated, and have almost decided to return my Treo 650 for the stupidest of reasons.

I wear my phone on a belt clip case. When the phone rings, I always fiddle with the phone to get it out of the case, and I usually wind up inadvertently hitting a button. This usually hangs up the phone, or at the least, answers it prematurely and the person on the other end hears me banging the thing around before I say "hello".

I have the keyguard on, and I have disabled the screen when it locks. The problem is that the phone unlocks everything when it starts ringing and you have to be Houdini to get it out if the case without pressing a damned key. This is such a trivial point...yet it has embarassed me on many occasions. I don't really see a solution, so I think it'll go back to Palm.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Try TreoGuard.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I sympathize! I have a PPC phone and the same thing happens. That's the reason for return policies, what works for some won't work for others...
    quote:
    "The problem is that the phone unlocks everything when it starts ringing and you have to be Houdini to get it out if the case without pressing a damned key. "

hmm - my 650 doesn't do this. I've done some test calls, and based on the keyguard settings I have, nothing I do on the screen will answer a call inadvertently. So - wonder what's up?
    I have my keyguard settings as"
    Auto Keyguard - disabled
    and
    Disable touchscreen when
    (checked) Incoming calls received
    (checked) On a call
    Are yours the same - the one about incoming calls being disabled should do it fer ye.

You might also consider a different case, if the one you have is that cumbersome.

(further edit - you're probably referring to hitting a hard key - my bad. But - with using Butler, and a setting there where the Space Key, and delete key, and 'enter' don't answer calls - that might also be helpful.)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Hey Gman, it was not mentioned exactly what settings you have enabled or disabled in preferences. Try going to keyguard in preferences, and at the " disable touch screen when: " you check both options..... incoming calls received, and on a call. This should prevent your phone from answering when removing it from your case.
    I bought the Innopocket case for my and my wife's 650's' the only caveat is to get some Loctite for the clip thumbscrew, as it has a bad habit of backing out and falling off.
    Otherwise it's the ideal case and has saved my uninsured Cinguliar 650 from 2 drops.
    although both were due to that silly screw.
    Quote Originally Posted by theGMan314
    ...When the phone rings, I always fiddle with the phone to get it out of the case, and I usually wind up inadvertently hitting a button. This usually hangs up the phone, or at the least, answers it prematurely and the person on the other end hears me banging the thing around before I say "hello"....
    Treoguard fixes that.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Try a better case. I use the Krussel flip case with the quick lock release. I never have a problem getting it out and I don't need and special software. The only problem with it is the multi connector will not plug in with the case on because it was designed for the t600. I fixed that with an exacto knife.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...s/4-22--22.htm
    the problem is that when you have a snug fitting case that mashes the buttons like the spacebar that's how you end up answering or ignoring the calls when trying to get it out of the case. I use a free program called keepoff and haven't had a problem since...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Have you tried a Bluetooth headset? This way you won't need to touch or fumble with your Treo and it can stay clipped to your belt. Just tap the answer button on your headset and you're in business.

Bluethooth headsets start at around $40. I use the Scala 500 and love it.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    Bluethooth headsets start at around $40. I use the Scala 500 and love it.
    I agree. While none of the current crop of reasonably priced bt headsets are perfectly comfortable they are a major convenience. I have the EB side case and the Treo slides out easily only when I want it to- like check the number of calls that aren't recognized by caller ID.

If that's too much effort for you then upgrade to the highend headsets that have caller ID on the headset.
    I've come to realize I hate cases..and the holster ones I've tried all makes me feel as if I am pryyying the Treo out of them and sometimes afraid of damaging the side buttons. I'm going pouch now...just gotta find one that will allow the headset to be attached to it as it's in the pouch.. Worst case there's always a knife to fix that I guess
    H Tiffany, I have the palmOne leather pouch, and it has a little hole on the side to allow a wired headset to be plugged in. I also have the Covertec pouch, which i also like because it has a magnetic clip (instead of the snap on of the palmOne version), and it has an odd shape which allows you to connect the wire headset regardless of which direction you put the treo in the pouch (with the screen facing outwards or towards you).
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I tried a test call and the only buttons that respond while receiving a call are the send (green phone button) or end (red phone button) buttons. As far as cases go, I'm getting the best one there is. Only the best for my baby! If you had a good case like this one, it covers the buttons and provides easy access to your phone if you do want to push a button. Check it out at Vaja Cases It also comes with a belt clip of course.
    http://www.kalelrojin.com/temp/clilac-gray_black.jpg