Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I was going to return my T650, but the girl at the Cingular store said to remove the battery cover and press the little reset button in the hole. So I did, even though I didn't think it would help. Well, that was 3 days ago and I haven't had a reset since. Go figure! Your mileage may vary. . . Just thought I'd pass it on.
    Thanks for the info. By removing the battery cover and pressing the button, you activated the backup Solar power. Your treo will not need a reset for a very Looooooooooooooooooong time!
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    JOEBAR,

I am very disappointed in you............
    lol.. I promise to never let any future silly posts go by un-insulted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Well, I *was* serious (and it was a true story), but unfortunately you all were right. The resets are back. Now I have reset buttons all over my Treo, including my calendar button, phone button, etc.

Something else I just learned: The mobile version of TC.com works great for reading, but not for posting replies! Anyway, looks like I was able to type this entire message without a reset!!!1 lol
    I bet you were serious. That little girl at Cingular, bless her heart, managed to stall your resets till the 30 days expired.

And now you're using a TMobile SIM too? what would the cingular girl say now?
    Does anyone here know what is the difference between pressing the reset button with the stylus and taking the battery out for a second and then putting it back in. Seems to have the same affect. But does it do the same "clean up" as a soft reset? If it does, why did PalmOne bother to put in a recessed reset switch.
    Regards
    Peter
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    She sure sounds smart to me. Have the poor guy mess with it for a few days, hopefully pass the 30-day mark, and VOILA! its palmOne's problem. Ouch.

By the way, what version of SIM do you have? Ending in a G or A?
    Don't have it with me at the moment, but it is the 64k one that is supposed to be o.k. That would be "A", right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    Does anyone here know what is the difference between pressing the reset button with the stylus and taking the battery out for a second and then putting it back in. Seems to have the same affect. But does it do the same "clean up" as a soft reset? If it does, why did PalmOne bother to put in a recessed reset switch.
    Regards
    Peter
    I'm curious about this too
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    Does anyone here know what is the difference between pressing the reset button with the stylus and taking the battery out for a second and then putting it back in.
    Just taking a guess but, **if** there is a difference (and I don't know that there is), I would imagine it might be akin to a "warm boot" or "cold boot" in a PC.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...n-us%3BQ102228

I am not sure whether the reset button actually interrupts the flow of power to the device.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123