Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    okay, what am I missing abouut this thread? What the heck's so funny?
    wow thats priceless.......wait let me reset....brb
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Wait, are we talking about the big reset button on the front with the red phone on it? Because I have found that if I am experiencing a real problem like a freeze, that reset button won't work...

What do I do then?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Wait, are we talking about the big reset button on the front with the red phone on it? Because I have found that if I am experiencing a real problem like a freeze, that reset button won't work...

What do I do then?

push it several times in succession while holding the stylus in your mouth as per P1 instructions. Twirling in circles helps too.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid

What do I do then?
    There is no reset button on the front - that button with the red phone on iti s the POWER button. In a freeze, the POWER button will likely not work.

You then remove the battery cover and stick your stylus tip into the RESET hole on the side of the battery. That will reset your Treo.

If you do that WHILE holding the power button, and keep holding the power button until the grey palm screen comes up, once you let go of the power button the screen will display a questions "Erase all data?" Up for yes, down for no. That is a HARD RESET, as opposed to just putting the stylus tip in the whole by itself, which is a SOFT reset. A hard reset erases all your data.

Be careful with the hard reset.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    u ppl are cruel.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Whats even more hilarious is the fact that he titled it as 'Resets fixed'..
    Totally made my day too..
    Quote Originally Posted by treolexus
    Whats even more hilarious is the fact that he titled it as 'Resets fixed'..
    Totally made my day too..
    Yeah, brutal bunch.. Even I had the heart not to post any "witty" comments.. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/eek.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I was going to return my T650, but the girl at the Cingular store said to remove the battery cover and press the little reset button in the hole. So I did, even though I didn't think it would help. Well, that was 3 days ago and I haven't had a reset since. Go figure! Your mileage may vary. . . Just thought I'd pass it on.
    would that be "fight fire with fire"? or "if you can't beat em, join em"?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #30  
    Well, I *was* serious (and it was a true story), but unfortunately you all were right. The resets are back. Now I have reset buttons all over my Treo, including my calendar button, phone button, etc.

Something else I just learned: The mobile version of TC.com works great for reading, but not for posting replies! Anyway, looks like I was able to type this entire message without a reset!!!1 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Yeah, brutal bunch.. Even I had the heart not to post any "witty" comments.. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/eek.gif
    We missed you
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Oh I thought that little hole was used to sharpen the touchpen.
    Well, I *was* serious (and it was a true story), but unfortunately you all were right. The resets are back. Now I have reset buttons all over my Treo, including my calendar button, phone button, etc.

Something else I just learned: The mobile version of TC.com works great for reading, but not for posting replies! Anyway, looks like I was able to type this entire message without a reset!!!1 lol
    What does Cingular girl say now?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    What does Cingular girl say now?
    She said that after the initial 30-day period that I would have to get a replacement from Palm instead of Cingular.
    She said that after the initial 30-day period that I would have to get a replacement from Palm instead of Cingular.
    She sure sounds smart to me. Have the poor guy mess with it for a few days, hopefully pass the 30-day mark, and VOILA! its palmOne's problem. Ouch.

By the way, what version of SIM do you have? Ending in a G or A?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    JOEBAR,

I am very disappointed in you. As I anxiously read and scrolled down the different posts of this thread I knew it was only a matter of time before I saw your avatar with what would probably be the funniest post.

Finally there it was- the JOEBAR avatar! I look to the right to read your reply. I can't believe my eyes! I then say to my self "if JOEBAR felt to guilty to post how can I possibly think about posting".

On the other hand maybe it was just a JOEBAR imposter. JOEBAR what happened? Bring back the real JOEBAR- who's with me?
    Maybe we should make this a sticky?

By the way there's another reset button under the battery. It's light sensitive.
    So when are your 30 days up?... mine is coming up soon, I cannot figure out how you got the resets fixed, so maybe I'm gonna need to take back mine too... How about the rest of you guys, when is your 30 days going to expire?.. maybe we could make a statement by taking them all back at the same time...

I'm really sorry you didn't fix your reset problem though... I was holding out hope for ya' buddy.
    That stylus is magic. You guys ain't gonna belive this but this thread got me to wondering and I wuz starin at my PC and saw a little hole right next to the power button that the Palm Stylus can fit in. When my computer freezes up and I can stick the Palm stylus in there and my PC resets and reboots all by itself. Who woulda thought, a Palm tool that can fix a frozen PC !

I think the the black core thing inside the stylus is made of unobtainium.
    I wonder if the sale of stylus for the Treo 650 sky rocketed? Shareholders dream.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast