1.    #1  
    I bought the motorola bluetooth headset and returned it less than 24 hours later. It royally sucks. The lag between the time you press the button until the time it registers on the treo is way too long. Does anyone know of a good headset to get??
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Does anyone see the 'Search' link up top anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCZ7101
    I bought the motorola bluetooth headset and returned it less than 24 hours later. It royally sucks. The lag between the time you press the button until the time it registers on the treo is way too long. Does anyone know of a good headset to get??
    What model headset did you buy from motorola? I would like to know because I am looking to purchse a new BT headset, and was leaning toward one of the Motorola models.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCZ7101

What a FOOL! Can use the D@MN search button. Ppl lik this should be banned. I already told u that the sony hbh-660 headset is THE BEST!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney
    What a FOOL! Can use the D@MN search button. Ppl lik this should be banned. I already told u that the sony hbh-660 headset is THE BEST!!!
    Dude, mellow out!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    lol
    Mellow or not, bmoney knows what he is talking about. I have that HBB-660 with the Jabra eargel, and it is close to being perfect. Great volume, great microphone, picks up calls quickly, and occasionally I even use the too small display to screen calls. I look like a geek, but oh well. Bmoney can use his to call 911 when he splits open an artery the next time he sees a thread that asks which BT headset is best...
    If you read all the threads, I think you will find there is "NO BEST". It seems what is "BEST" is what works for that individual. A persons environment plays a major role. I have tried the HBB-660. It had static and at times poor quality. At other times, no static and great quality. I have a Scala and a Jabra BT250. I use the Jabra because I like the way I can carry it. And, in "my" environment, it doesn't have as much static. At my office, I use the Scala. It has less static there. I tried the BlueTrek, same thing, more static in "my" environment. I have also tried the 810 and 820. Not as much static in most places, but did not like the way it felt.

Again, I think it comes down to a persons "environment". Most all the headsets are probably constructed very similar. The companies wouldn't still be on the market if someone didn't like their products.

Maybe the biggest culprate is the Treo bluetooth radio?

But, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney
    bmoney, obviously being a member for so long (1 week), and having twice as many posts as me (4) , thinks that his is the only opinion that counts, and that his should be the final word on headsets. I think the purpose of this forum is to get as many opinions as possible, and make an informed decision based on the experiences of people who have been posting to TC for a long time (like just about everyone except bmoney and me).

It's frustrating when someone brand new to the board makes fun of other new members.......lighten up dude!!!
  10.    #10  
    Preciate the backup man. Obviously BMoney is some kind of pinned up computer geek that has nothing better to do than down on everyone else to make himself feel cool. Probly some kind of defense mechanism.... haha. But nevertheless, I've given up on the bluetooth idea. I'd hate to see the day when I realize I'm too lazy to hold up a cell phone.
    I have a question as far as answering calls using the Sony 660 that everyone boasts about with the Treo 650. Okay when you're making a call, do you have to hit the talk/answer button on the 660 earpeice everytime in order to transfer the call to the 660? Or once it's paired with the device and is connected, will it automatically go to the earpeice? In other words if i were to dial a number, can i just dial the number, hit Talk, and then the transfer will automatically go to the 660 without having to hit the button everytime. It's like this on the LG-325 and i hate it with a passion. If you could let me know i'd greatly appreicate it.

Thanks.
    Yep, just dial a number on your 650 and hit talk and it will automatically go to the 660.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Dude, mellow out!

Me and GMCZ71 have known each other for about 6 yrs. I was just giving him a hard time bc ive been telling him for the past wk that the hbh660 is the best out there for our phones. Then he tells me he posted on here askin what the best was. SO i had to bust his balls.
    Ahhh, right on! Didn't mean to bust your balls....
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Go on with the ball-busting. It's Friday, dammit!

Cool. Thanks for that. Also where is a good place to purchase the Sony 660 BT earpeice? I wanna go ahead and get the 660 or atleast have it ordered by the time i purchase my Treo 650. I'm soooo excited. Thanks.
    The best price I've seen is from Dan's cellullar. That's where I got mine. And they are even cheaper now @ $70.49 from 2 weeks ago when I got mine @ $76.99!
    http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...id=5&fp=0&st=1
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone