1.    #1  
    I get MS Word and Excel doc's attached to my e-mails all the time. I'd like to read them using WordToGo and SheetToGo (I have installed the document converter as well). However, when I click on the attachment icon in Xpress mail, I got some text downloaded to my phone.

Is there a way to get the file instead? Thanks.
    This is not currently a supported feature with Xpress mail.
  3.    #3  
    That sucks.

Is there anything better than sending the mail to my secretary and have her save the attachment in a directory that I can then use the file feature of the Xpress mail to download?

Thanks.
    what I do is when I have a document I want to read w/docs to go I use versamail w/our imap server & download the message there. I only use this when I need to use docs to go, otherwise I just use xpress mail.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    It is surprising that Xpress Mail does not integrate with DocsToGo. In fact, I seem to remember seeing them advertise that capability on the initial screen (prior to installing) on the 650. But I've not had much finding extensive documentation on Xpress Mail.

Too bad you can't just download attachements to a folder & open them via Docs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ypshan
    That sucks.

Is there anything better than sending the mail to my secretary and have her save the attachment in a directory that I can then use the file feature of the Xpress mail to download?

Thanks.
    Try Intellisync Email Accelerator. There is no trial download. You have to call them and sign up. They have a 30 day money back guarantee. It's $300/year per user for their hosted solution. All you need installed at your company is one application on one machine for all users.

It integrates with Docs2Go and provides better functionality than Xpressmail. It synchronizes email, calendar, contacts and tasks. It also uses the built-in datebook/calendar which is a huge improvement over Xpressmail.

The only downside I've found is

1 - battery life is significantly decreased compared to Xpressmail
    2 - haven't figured out how to do a corporate lookup for employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrogers
    Try Intellisync Email Accelerator.... All you need installed at your company is one application on one machine for all users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    what I do is when I have a document I want to read w/docs to go I use versamail w/our imap server & download the message there.
    That's cool, but what do you do if your I.T. guy won't provide settings for the IMAP server? Hence why Xpress Mail is so cool (doesn't require an administrator to help) even though your desktop computer needs to be running at all times to use it...
    I think Intellisync also offers a redirector solution that works much the same way as Xpress Mail (no need to involve IT). Check it out at www.intellisync.com
    I too had been using cingular personal eddition xpress mail. It is flawless (even with lotus notes). I am trying intellisync but I.T. and Intellisync support can't get it running. The only reason I am looking outside of xpress mail is for "pretty" attachment support. Instead of looking for other options to this already free and well put together program, has anyone tried to contact either xpress mail or seven to see if this is easy to change and implment with docsTogo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip
    ...has anyone tried to contact either xpress mail or seven to see if this is easy to change and implment with docsTogo?
    Yes, I spoke with a "Tier 3" tech support person at Cingular about whether Xpress Mail was capable of downloading & viewing attachments in their native format. She read me something from PalmOne saying they were not compatible due to the nature of the Palm OS. We all know this is B.S. (you can view downloaded Excel & Word files w/ Versamail) but that was the answer I was given.

You may have better insight asking Seven. I agree that is the main drawback with Xpress Mail. Otherwise it is pretty darn sweet.