1.    #1  
    With absolute respect for ShadowMite's efforts... why in the world are we forced to have lame applications in ROM (VersaMail, RealPlayer !!~!~) that occupy critically needed memory ? We are all acutely aware of the shortage of memory in the device... why should we have to rely on the good efforts of ShadowMite only to be told it invalidates our P1 warrantly. Shouldn't P1 issue an official ROM updater to remove unwanted applications itself ? This is nuts, what we are doing... scrambling around to find fixes like this while P1 rakes it in. These stupid apps should never have been buried in ROM in the first place; I am sure P1 saw some additional revenue for putting them there.

I wonder why the operators of this board don't take an active role on an initiative like this and reach out to P1 as representatives. How about it guys ? Can you act on behalf of your users in this way ?
    Well, these programs are in ROM, so its not like it's taking up RAM space.

Secondly, I'm sure there's some type of a licensing issue. I doubt if someone like Real would be happy knowing P1 had issued a tool to remove their program. This is speculation on my part, but it would seem logical to me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    www.shadowmite.com...whats the diffrence between that and p1?