1.    #1  
    Can someone let me know how I can play my music and podcasts stored on my 650 through my car speakers? I searched but could not find the answer. Thanks!
    Radio Shack sells something similar to the Belkin FM transmitter. Might be called 'iRock' or something like that. I've considered that myself, but haven't actually used one.
    If your car stereo has a cassette player, a cassette adaptor is probably the easiest most reliable solution with better sound quality generally than an FM transmitter...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I found the FM transmitter solution unsatisfactory for MP3 player listening at home. I used it to transmit from an MP3 player to my home intercom system. The transmitter had to be a couple inches from the FM radio for good reception. Also, the trasmitter ran through batteries quickly. I finally hard wired a connection and get much better results.
    The problem with these adapters is: when a call comes in while the phone has a cassette adaptor plugged in at the headphone jack, it thinks it has a handsfree and you cannot answer the call in the normal way. I tried a bluetooth headset with it too but still doesn't work. Having something plugged in at the headphone jack seems to override everything.

Hope someone will come up with a hack or something.
    it seems like you need a seidio 2in1 headset adapter for it to work in any way close to acceptible- i've encountered the same problem and it's the reason i dont use my treo for playing music in my car. as soon as a call comes in it doesn't even throw to my bt headset and automatically i hear the person through my car speakers- but the microphone on the phone is disabled and thus the person on the other end can't hear me.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)