1.    #1  
    Hey,

I dont understand shoutcast...is it all proprietary internet radio... I am trying to find my favorite talk stationi like say KFI AM 640...on it..is this possible?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Me Too
    No this is not possible, unless someone is rebroadcasting KFI AM 640 on their computer/shoutcast server. Shoutcast radio stations are owned by people like you and me, with computers and mp3s. They are not affilated with actual radio stations. (a few real radio stations do also broadcast their feed via shoutcast, but this is rare)

You can set up your own shoutcast server on your personal computer for free if you have broadband internet access. Then you could connect a radio to your sound card and broadcast your favorite radio stations to your Treo.

I use a program called replay radio that records certain real radio programs. Then I can transfer the mp3 to my Treo, or play the MP3 on my shoutcast server and listen to it streaming with my Treo. Check replayradio.com to see if they broadcast the AM programs you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzome
    No this is not possible, unless someone is rebroadcasting KFI AM 640 on their computer/shoutcast server. Shoutcast radio stations are owned by people like you and me, with computers and mp3s. They are not affilated with actual radio stations. (a few real radio stations do also broadcast their feed via shoutcast, but this is rare)

You can set up your own shoutcast server on your personal computer for free if you have broadband internet access. Then you could connect a radio to your sound card and broadcast your favorite radio stations to your Treo.

I use a program called replay radio that records certain real radio programs. Then I can transfer the mp3 to my Treo, or play the MP3 on my shoutcast server and listen to it streaming with my Treo. Check replayradio.com to see if they broadcast the AM programs you are looking for.
    I have not used the MP3 player on my 650 yet. I do have an Iriver player so know basically how it works. What I would like to do is record an FM or an AM talk station. Now, can this be done using Real Player or do I have to purchase another program plus the Replay Radio? Also, once I transfer the talk radio to the treo player, can I then skip through the commercials?

As you can see, I know almost zero about how to get this done. I just want a very easy program that steps you through it.
    I'm not sure you would want to use Real Player to record your sound cards input. There are probably many free programs that will do this. The same company who makes Replay Radio also makes Freecorder which will record from the Line-In of your sound card as save as a mp3. http://www.freecorder.com/updates.php
    You would connect the output from your radio to the input of your soundcard.
    You may be able to create a batch file to start the program at a certain time.
    There are programs you have to pay for that will record at a certain time of day. There may be a free one - I couldn't find it quickly.
    edit - http://www.fridgesoft.de/harddiskogg.php
    You can use command line mode for scheduled recordings.

Otherwise, you would use Replay Radio only. It records shows from a selected group of radio stations shown here: http://www.replay-radio.com/list_stations.php
    You have to have an always on internet connection to use this - it does not use the radio to record, it uses the internet. Therefore, the quality is not as good as the previous option, but it may be easier for you depending on your situation.
    Thanks ouzome, I am going to try the Replay Radio and see how that goes.
    Okay, I downloaded the trial replay radio and did a minute of recording to test it but now I can't get windows media to copy it to my 650. I even tried to get it to copy the mp3 to my memory stick but no luck. What am I missing here. Thanks.
    Got it figured out now. Going to purchase it but want to skip past the commericals. Guess I will have to purchase ptunes too.
    I use Wiretap to record off my computer, then can connect to my server and listen to anytime I want. Very cool!

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/

Attached Images Attached Images