1.    #1  
    Hi

I wanted to use netbook 2.0 but the conduit ( what is that ) does not support NT 4.0 and that is what I have at work.
    Does anyone know which other apps to use, which one works the best for you?

Alex
    As another NT/Win2K user, I gave up, and just live without the conduit.
  3.    #3  
    Ok

But if I do that what am I giving up?

Alex
    The conduit allows you to sync Internet Favorites with Net Book. This makes it possible to synchronize favorites on your computer(s) at home/work. So this is what you'd be giving up.

However, Net Book does sync its database to your desktop PC(s), where a provided java reader allows you access the Net Book database on your PC. You can cut & paste selections from there into your web browser. Not all that great, but better than nothing. To be fair, this is good enough for me, as I've found an ASP that provides me with an on-line common repository for bookmarks. So I really only need a way to get new URLs that I've recorded in Visor into one of my web browsers; and the cut & paste routine is OK given that I rarely copy that many URLs into my Visor. I'm living with this until I can find something better . . .

[Edited by yucca on 08-23-2000 at 02:34 AM]
    **Looking to Sync IE Fav's with Treo 600**

I may be being a bit slow, but is NetBook software or some piece of hardware?
    I did a search on it and it seems to be another palm top?

I'm *DESPERATELY* trying to find a standalone app (as opposed to adding them to the inbuilt browser) for the Treo 600 that will allow me to sync to and from Internet Explorer.

I've looked on all the Palm s/ware sites, and jiggered if I can find anything... anybody know any good app that ill let me achieve this?
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Eudora Internet Suite for Palm allows you to sync your desktop bookmarks (IE or Netscape) with EudoraWeb for Palm. It is free. Once you have the bookmarks on your palm I'm not sure if you can export them from EudoraWeb and use them in Blazer or not. I'm not using the function.

Jason
    Cheers Jason!

I seem to recall a windows email client called Eudora (replacement for Outlook) - is this the same people by any chance?

Just checking their site - is it just palm apps or conduits, or does it install itself as an Outllook replacement on the PC?

If not - looks great!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Same People. They make a decent windows mail client. The EIS for palm includes (if I remember correctly) a web browser and an email client for palm. The conduits it installs will sync your favorites (EudoraWeb) and you email (EudoraMail). The mail sync works with both Eudora for Windows or Outlook. The EIS install does not include the desktop email client or replace Outlook. The one you want is here: http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite/

Jason
    Installed and had a play with EIS, must say it *seems* like it could be good, but Im not keen on the way it flattens my IE Fav folder structure, till you edit it yourself.

Even then, the folder / catergory list seemed well short of that on my pc, as did the shortcuts inside them.

Does anyone know of another app for syncing Internet Explorer favorites that does it in a more simple / less complicated way?