Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Xathros, it may help a bit, but the problem is all the names shown with the tele/mobile
    numbers followed, then each name will take up multiple lines on the screen, and it makes you to take long to scroll the list of contacts? Without tele nos like p910, more than 10 names can be displayed in a full screen, but for the same info I transferred from 910i to 650, there're only 4 names I can see in a full screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Use Option+Up/Down to move a page at a time.
    Thanks for that. I had tried that before posting but didn't realize that I needed to HOLD the option while up/dn. Seems kinda funky compared to how the option key normally works. Also, not friendly for one handed operation.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyericsson
    Xathros, it may help a bit, but the problem is all the names shown with the tele/mobile
    numbers followed, then each name will take up multiple lines on the screen, and it makes you to take long to scroll the list of contacts? Without tele nos like p910, more than 10 names can be displayed in a full screen, but for the same info I transferred from 910i to 650, there're only 4 names I can see in a full screen.
    I see you point and agree that the current display is somewhat cluttered. I think an additional "Name Only" view option would be great but looks like it may require a third party app to achieve this. I am in the *very* early stages of learning C for the Palm and may look at this as a goal but it will be a while before I can offer anything to solve this problem.

It may be worth posting this as a request in the developer forums as well.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by MapaMan
    MapaMan, thanks for your link. I did already download a contact pro, is it totally free?
    Without register as a paid memeber, is it okay?
    Also, I found out there's some bug in contact pro. After selecting the name you'd like to call, you will go to a Dial page which demonstrate all the tele/mobile numbers.
    Then you may click the preferred number or just click a "select" button, the call will be made. However, if you choose the prferred number not by stylus but a 5-way negviator button (down), the treo 650 will be switched off and on. Besides, in that Dial page, if you click the "down arrow", the treo 650 will be switched off and on again.
    If you don't believe it, you may try....!!!!!!

Anyway, I am quite satisfied with some functions of contact pro you recommended. Thanks.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyericsson
    MapaMan, thanks for your link. I did already download a contact pro, is it totally free?
    Without register as a paid memeber, is it okay?
    Also, I found out there's some bug in contact pro. After selecting the name you'd like to call, you will go to a Dial page which demonstrate all the tele/mobile numbers.
    Then you may click the preferred number or just click a "select" button, the call will be made. However, if you choose the prferred number not by stylus but a 5-way negviator button (down), the treo 650 will be switched off and on. Besides, in that Dial page, if you click the "down arrow", the treo 650 will be switched off and on again.
    If you don't believe it, you may try....!!!!!!

Anyway, I am quite satisfied with some functions of contact pro you recommended. Thanks.
    Any ideas about "Contacts"?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12