1.    #1  
    Any Ideas would help. Im getting this after a fresh install of Palm desktop at my office.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    HotSync operation started for Neil on 03/03/05 11:16:11

OK Quick Install
    Error loading preferences for account '': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.
    Error loading preferences for account '': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.
    OK VersaMail with 8 message(s)

OK Media
    OK Calendar
    OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    OK Memos
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Jay\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Jay\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up LauncherX Database to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Jay\Backup\LauncherX_Database.PDB
    OK Backup
    This isn't an error per-se but more of a warning.

Are you using VersaMail? The issue is that your Saved Prefs database is not present. What happens if you run versamail on the device and do another sync?
  3.    #3  
    Versamail is resetting my device when I tap on it.
    Hmmm.... I saw a couple of threads up here that tell you what needs to be deleted for that problem. Hopefully someone will post that link here.