Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    "As for the unlimited, if you have read the threads of the same name.....the reps will tell ya if they know ya have the Treo that ya gotta use the PDA Plan which is $39.95"

Yep, that's what they told me. They also told me that there was no unlimited mediaworks pkg., only an 8mb one. Thanks for the info.
    Korndog
    Verizon 700p
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by korndog
    "As for the unlimited, if you have read the threads of the same name.....the reps will tell ya if they know ya have the Treo that ya gotta use the PDA Plan which is $39.95"

Yep, that's what they told me. They also told me that there was no unlimited mediaworks pkg., only an 8mb one. Thanks for the info.
    LOL you gotta know the Cingular reps are bullpoop artists and what you mean I am suppose to use the PDA plan for my 650? I have the 20 unlimited MEdiaWorks and it's working fine on my 650 for months. They just wanna charge both your legs and arms!
    The way I figure it their thinking was the avergae Joe will use so much bandwidth with a phone and they 'designed" the mediaworks /net pacakge for that guy. PDA Pete PTOH will use a lot more bandwidth so they wanna hit him a bit more.....I mean I am gonna hate it if I can't use the services because 220 people in my area are streaming audio from gdlive.com or are downloading every Grateful Dead concert ever held to their laptops via BT.

Right now they have a 2:1 speed advanatge over Sprint so they are charginga premium for it, when / if Verizon gets the Treo out and expands their EV-DO servcie to a decent coverage area, my guess is those prices will drop substantially.

I posted this in anotehr thread but here's the options presented to me when logging into My Account and looking at "Available Features" which I can add to my current voice plan.

PDA Connect - Unlimited $39.99 Add feature
    Text Messaging - 2500 messages/month $19.99 Add feature
    MEdia Net - Unlimited $24.99 Add feature
    MEdia Net - 8 MB/month $19.99 Add feature
    Text Messaging - 200 messages/month $4.99 Add feature
    Extended Nights and Weekends $7.00 Add feature
    MEdia Works $19.99 Add feature
    MEdia Basic $9.99 Add feature
    Xpress Mail for BlackBerry - 4 MB/month $34.99 Add feature
    Xpress Mail for BlackBerry - Unlimited $44.99 Add feature
    Unlimited Shared Mobile to Mobile Calling $9.99 Add feature
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Calling $9.99 Add feature
    Voice Connect $4.99 Add feature
    Detailed Billing $0.99 Add feature
    Enhanced Voice Mail $3.99 Add feature
    Roadside Assistance $2.99 Add feature
    Three-Way Calling $0.99 Add feature
    Text Messaging - 50 messages/month $2.99 Add feature
    MEdia Net - 500 KB/month $4.99 Add feature
    Text Messaging - 1000 messages/month $9.99 Add feature
    MEdia Net - 3 MB/month $9.99 Add feature
    Basic Voice Mail $1.99 Add feature
    Call Forwarding $0.99 Add feature
    Where do you get that 2:1 speed advantage? I got 142 kbps on sprint, and I'm getting 76 kbps on Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Where do you get that 2:1 speed advantage? I got 142 kbps on sprint, and I'm getting 76 kbps on Cingular.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1757450,00.asp

"The Cingular 650 packs in a Class 10 EDGE modem for fast data transfers. We got speeds between 148 and 167 Kbps on FTP file transfers between our Treo and PC Magazine servers using the VFSFTP+ Palm OS FTP program; that's at least double the average speed of Sprint's CDMA 1X network. That bodes well for downloading large attachments in e-mail."
    I didn't compare FTP download time. Testing throughput using DSLreports.com/mspeed, or other test sites, users have reported comparable speeds between 1XRTT and EDGE. In my area, although EDGE is supposedly active, the best I could get is 76 kbps.
    One thing worth pointing out is that signal strength can affect your observed speed. At the office, where I only get 1-2 bars on the Blazer gauge, I only see around 75kbps, but here at home with a full 5 bars, I'm getting 130-142kbps. Austin is definitely on the EDGE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12