Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    bluetooth may suck, but you can use the usb cable. Granted that is far too pleabian for most power users, but its saving me from having a land line at home :d
    keocera 7035>> treo600>> treo650>>700p>>755
    Notalent, but I make up for it with lots of practice
    For a second i thought i was on ign.com forum

People are never as vocal when they DON'T have a problem.

The percentage of Treo 650 owners who are actually on this forum is so infinitesimally small that it doesn't even matter.

I'm happy with my Treo 650. If i wasn't.. I'd return it and find something else.

Thanks for the chuckle!
    To be honest I agree with TC, the treo650 is full of bugs, the concept is great but the production unit sucks. I really should not have to worry about my phone resetting if i am receiveing a call, i shouldnt have to drive to my local store to get another sim card because of poor testing, I shouldnt have to make a new back up folder just because the treo has gremlins. TC is making a point and a stand, this is my first palm product, and i will be honest it is probably my last. The 650 is a great machine when working, but it only works part time, and I know that I am not the only person who has the same opinion ( check out past posts).
    P.S
    I think Tiffany is attractive also, no offence to u tiffany just wanted to show my appreciation
    It is just not fair to say the Treo650 is full of bugs - if you stick a piece of gum in the SIM card slot, it wont work. The carriers determine the SIM that goes in there, palmOne doesn't have a say - blame Cingular for THAT one, not palmOne.

As for the backup folder, syncing older software into a newer piece of hardware is just a bad idea in so many computing platforms, not just palm. Is it too much to ask that you ensure that what's being synced has been proven to work???? Updated/patched or whatever by the developer??? And when Palm explicitly says on the box NOT to use the previous version of the Palm Desktop, is it palmOne's fault that so many people ignored that instruction and did it anyway? I don't think so.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    OH MY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I normally don't weigh in on "Rant" type threads, but this one is driving me insane. I'll tell you why. It's because if one feels that there are problems which go beyond what is reasonable to accept, then this is TOTALLY the wrong way to go about this.

Am I going to rip Tundy? No, that would be counterproductive. I'm just going to TRY to offer some constructive criticism.

First, whether or not you feel the original posted email was threatening, that's how many people [myself including] saw it. Percerption by the majority should tell you something.

The other point is that regardless of whether you are or are not a professional, if you wish to be taken seriouslt by "The Man" you need to present your arguments in a logical, rational manner. That's just the way it goes.

In conclusion, I love my 650. Is it perfect? Nope, not by a long shot. Is it for everyone? Again, not a chance. But for ME [and many others like me] it's the best pda phone that we've come across. I'm a gadget head. But I haven't tweaked my treo that much because until some firmware updates come out, I need it as stable as it is. And for the record, I've had 4 soft resets in the 2 months I've owned it. I've got 7 3rd party apps that I use, and it's been a rock for me.

Thanks for listening!!!
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
  6.    #106  
    www.treo650update.com is up but not fully functional, keep checking back & tell your 650 friends.
    Thanks!
    "The first snowflake"
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I love monkeys too. I went to the San Diego Zoo and took a whole bunch of pictures of them. They turned out really nice. hey did you know they found a new species of monkey recently?
    Did those monkeys fling even half as much crap around as turdycentral?
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    I'm wearing pants!
    I'm not! Why do you think I'm smiling?!
    TMI (too much information)
    Cingular Treo 650
    In reading TC's original post, several DSM IV diagnostic categories came to mind.....
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    I read the first page, and then skipped to the last one. I've had palm OS based converged devices since the days of the Kyocera 6035 - I then went to a 300, and then a 600, and now a 650. So - I've been around the block with these devices.
    When I got my 650 a few weeks ago, I carefully did the upgrade. I removed/renamed the backup folder, installed the new desktop, did just the core install/sync on the handheld, and then installed my extra apps one at a time. Was it a pain? A little bit. Have I had ANY issues? Nope.
    So what's the moral of the story? Sometimes if you just follow the instructions, instead of shortcutting the stated process, you'll be happier in the long run. Yes, you can rant on about 'it shouldn't have to be that way' and 'I'm entitled to a simple upgrade', etc - but, in order to deliver the product that we all want, a process was put in place - do NOT just sync over to the old desktop and backup folder. Follow the process and things will go fine.
    Now I'm off MY rant. Good luck to all!
  14.    #114  
    ... and sometimes you luck out.
    I am sincerely happy yours was a happy ending.
    Best of luck dialing out of the call log...
    .. and with Bluetooth as well
    1st Snowflake (jeez I really like that)
    heh - I dial out of the call log all the time. Did it three times today as a matter of fact. I guess I didn't even read that part of the rant.
    I use a Sony HBH-660 8 hours a day and call out of my call log no less than 10 times a day. Works like a chimp, er, I mean, a champ!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Mods you might as well close this thread, it's gone full throttle on the flaming...

The bottom line as I said before all the people with the "good perfect T650s" will be the 1st to upgrade and say how wonderfull their Treos work after they see what a PRODUCTION firmware is sopossed to be like...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    I'm not sure what your post means so I'm not sure which face to put on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...potatohead.jpg
    what in the hell
    1 | 2