Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Yep that's me... I can land a 172 in a 27 knot crosswind, but I can't chew gum and walk.. I'm a real dimwit
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide6
    I agree with you 100% Tundy ... Tiffany is cute. You are not.
    I second that motion....
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    dutchtrumpet... LOL... I love your approach.. you must write for David Letterman..LOL

Yes, monkeys are great.

see my old post with the head beta tester for sprint

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=sprint
  4.    #84  
    ... and I'm ugly as sin too. Didn't Tiffany mention something about juvenile being part of the equation? What's the median age here, 15?
  5.    #85  
    funny stuff dutch..
  6.    #86  
    Here's a joke for you:
    "What did the koala bear say to the prostitute?"
    Here's a joke for you:
    "What did the koala bear say to the prostitute?"
    bend over?
  8.    #88  
    nope
    ... and I'm ugly as sin too. Didn't Tiffany mention something about juvenile being part of the equation? What's the median age here, 15?
    I can vote.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    nope
    sonething about "down under"
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I can vote.
    meaning...
    Uh, Tundy, you haven't really invented anything new...Anybody remember that Dali lama guy? He's the one got boo-ed off the stage for sounding a heck of a lot like you do....

Dali thread 1

Dali thread 2

You're probably, uh, urinating in the wind here. I have posted my share of negative stuff, though I hope I haven't sunk to the whining level. Gotta admire someone who is mad as He!! and not gonna take it anymore like yourself, but I have serious doubts your gonna get anywhere with this campaign.

The dali person probably had hold of the one thing that could have got PalmOne in trouble: they advertised a certain amount of memory on the TREO 650 that due to the new file structure and NVFS stuff turned out to be less by a long shot than the similar number on the TREO 600. Sounds like false advertising to me, too. Nobody got too excited. Now, there are more problems as everybody knows. Some are self inflicted, some are fixable. I won't go through the darn list yet again. Basically, there seem to be several groups out there:

1. TREO 650 worked out of the box with no problem, no tinkering, no ROM patches, etc.
    2. TREO 650 worked after lots of tinkering, ROM patches, adding software, removing software, repeat ad nauseum till it works and don't crash multiple times per day.
    3. TREO 650 DOA, or dies after days/weeks.

It's impossible to tell how many there are of which, but I think there is a maximum of about 20% of #3, but the majority is probably #2.

This doesn't consider some of the stupid things like having to take the darn thing apart to get to the reset hole.

I said somewhere else that the TREO 650 represents a great concept, but it's execution was flawed. Seems to me the majority of it's problems stem from that Gawd-Awful NVFS. The turned the guts of the TREO upside down to give you non-forgetting memory, so if you run the battery all the way dead and you never hotsynced and you didn't use Backupman or buddy or whatever to backup to the SD card that you have to have cuz the memory is so limited anyway, then you're still OK. Near as I can tell, it is because of that little memory gift that the majority of all the old Palm software (which is why everybody says to buy Palm and not PPC) won't even work on the TREO 650 without being rewritten. The gift that keeps on giving. FWIW, I never ran my TREO 600 battery to total death anyway.

I have said many times that probably the majority of the TREO 650s work, but lots don't. Our whole entire problem here, the problem that got Turdy's I mean Tundy's panties in a wad, is that PalmOne isn't saying anything to us, and the carriers are all saying, "ask PalmOne". Who knows? Maybe Tundy will get them talking. Probably just at their parties to laugh at us, but at least they'll be talking....
    Yep that's me... I can land a 172 in a 27 knot crosswind, but I can't chew gum and walk.. I'm a real dimwit
    172's a girlie plane...Herkie birds are where it's at but then I'm a bit biased.
    Last edited by mattyparanoid; 03/03/2005 at 06:37 PM.
    Tiffany,

10 or so?

Would you be surprised to see 10,000 to 15,000 people sign the petition over a couple month period?
    Yes I would.

And for the record, as of today, March 3, 2005, with the T650 on the market, the T600 retains it's title as the best all around PDA/PHONE... that's truly sad.

Wouldn't you agree?

No?
    I honestly wouldn't know. I never used a T600. But I love how you make all these assumptions about everyone and how it's a fact.

Then you don't make a lot of calls from the call log or contacts list.
    About 4-5 times a day. Not sure if that's a lot. It's a phone to me - not a race.

And you don't use Bluetooth... probably think it's a fad or something, right?
    I have a Canon i80 (blue tooth enabled), my Treo, a Jabra headset (that I hate) and my Sony TR (built-in bluetooth and running Bluetooth Neighbourhood). So I'd say I'm quite a heavy blue tooth user. Never liked IrDA since I never was comfortable with line-of-sight data transfers. Limiting.

I'm personally looking forward to the time when PAN's/WPAN's are as common as your LAN and fully integrated into our lives as an IFPT.

I dunno why you asked Tundra or why you would assume that I thought it was 'a fad or something, right'.
    What's a 172?

"wink"
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    hey why should all of us be civil and write corporate type letters about can you fix this or that and go on and on and on, truth is I don't think there is a better product out there but I should not "suffer" just due to the fact that palm1 stocks are not doing well... they should release a product that is working flawless... and if it is not then they should be pushing to fix it. I am totaly with you on that one td there is no civil way about it... and please forgive the spelling mistakes as english is not my native lingo...
    Tundycentral

Not my choice of words, but I applaud your effort. I too wrote (less publicly) a letter to the CEO. I wanted to document the problems with a couple of 650s I purchased. I doubt he or his office will reply - will see.

The volume problem is really bad. I was at one of the PalmOne owned stores and witnessed a few returns solely because of the volume. I exchanged mine - one of the keys stopped responding. Lots of future "refurbished" units going their way.

PalmOne has a problem - right now they have the hottest PDA/Phone in the market. But they lack the marketing muscle of Nokia, Motorola, HP and others who are not sitting idle and have far more resources for R&D. They haven't, but they will catch up - and I for one will remember the troubles with my 650. I have wasted far too much time trying to reach them, exchanging, writing to them and tweaking with my bluetooth, freezes, reboots, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo2005
    .........They haven't, but they will catch up - and I for one will remember the troubles with my 650. I have wasted far too much time trying to reach them, exchanging, writing to them and tweaking with my bluetooth, freezes, reboots, etc.
    I think we all will remember, even those of us who refuse to admit the treo has problems.

We jumped on the treo ship when it became the hottest smartphone available and we'll abandon this ship when the other companies get off their collective butts and release something better. I remember when smartphonesource and pdaphonehome where the hot forums.

If palmone doesn't get with the program we will all have front row seats to see some free market economy in action.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    Personally Tundy I think your letter was filtered by palmone mail system to "Junk" or it was forwarded around and laughed at during lunch hour today...

I have had my Treo650 since February 16th, since then the only problems I have had were caused by Third Party programs..Agendus and Lightwav...I uninstalled Lightwav and those resets were gone...Agendus released 9.03 and now I have no resets at all.

I admit the volume on the earpiece and my speakerphone are somewhat lower than my previous phone..Sony P800 and yes it does bother me somewhat *but* I am patient and will wait for a update that will eventually come...as an example Internet Explorer has been out how long? How many patchs per month are released? ...catch my drift?

If you not happy with the Treo650 how about trying another phone or going back to the 600 just as IE users are switching to Firefox? You do indeed have a choice!

Making threats against PalmOne is laughable and threats of a making a website hoping to cause them damage will be fruitless in the end, just as their is a website that attacks PayPal and tries to do the same you do not really see PayPal suffering and in fact they probably do millions in transactions every single day and 99% of typical Internet users will never see the website intended to defame them....Just as with your Treo website it might be noticed by a few but in reality 99.99% of all the Treo650 owners in the world will not know of your website and it will have little impact on PalmOne doing anything.

**Perhaps you can hire somebody to do some of that new "Body Advertizing" for you and have a Treo 650 stencilled on their forehead for 30 days with the caption "Who's with Me? www.treo650update.com"
    I quite agree, 'unemotionally,' with komdog, and ultimately, with much of what the original post had to say. This is not about all the things the phone does, but whether it even manages to do the things it's supposed to do, AND whether the company cares. The well-hidden customer service number, the long phone waits to talk with someone, etc., are pretty unacceptable. Compare that all with, say, Dell computers.

I got an unlocked GSM, and a slew of problems, finally managed to work through those, but the phone call volume level - at its highest - was absolutely insufficient. The Palm people, when I finally got through to them, actually - though reluctantly - admitted that they knew about the problem, or rather: "We are just finding out about it."

The sent a replacement phone with audio that is acceptable, but not by much. Of course, if the phone hadn't been within the 30 day purchase period.....

My only real question to you guys, who know these things better than I do, is this: are this many different kinds of problems fixable ultimately with a software upgrade that, eventually, I suppose, Palm will make available? Or do they involve either hardware issues or software / hardware issues that people who already have the phones will not be able to get fixed.

I'd appreciate some information on that question, if any of guys have an idea.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast