Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I'm browsing on my phone and don't have the patience to load cingular.com to get the link for the 650's, but if I go to cingular.com, shop phones and rate plans, and enter 77459 for the zip code, the 650 and the SX66 are listed as available.
    Quote Originally Posted by controller
    A snowflake does not make a snowstorm.

A snowflake starts a snowstorm

c
    Most snowflakes don't start a snowstorm, and besides, all snowflakes I've ever seen have long since melted.
    *sigh*

You know, I agree that it is ridiculous to release a $600 product that the average person may find frustrating and full of bugs. I love the Treo 650 - but I'm not blind to its problems.

About this letter....You know, people who aren't nutters don't typically have to go around saying that they aren't nutters. Your opening lines seem almost like an attempt to counteract the rest of your letter and I say that because, in all honestly, the rest of your letter is a little...nutters.

It just seems full of empty threats. In fact, I don't think there is any chance that the things you've threatened (or, at the very least, implied) will ever happen. Do you really think ebay is going to be flooded with several thousand 650s? And just who are these petitioned individuals? Do you even have this petition drafted yet? Has anyone at all signed this petition, let alone thousands? You said that you could safely say that "we are/were all owners of Treo 600’s" - well, I'm not and never was. Something as small as that makes it clear to me that you don't really know what you're talking about. I don't think you're arguing chaos theory but you do seem to be implying that your butterfly wings are going to start an avalanche somewhere.

And adding a little note to the end that says that competitors, which you are unwilling to name, have offered to buy advertising space on this website...well, it makes you look EVEN CRAZIER. And, quite frankly, stupid.

Honestly, I think you come across as some shlub who has to declare himself a "business owner" in an attempt to give his words more weight. I'd be more impressed at a thoughtful, well written letter from someone who said, "I am a nobody. But this nobody spent $600 on your product, which has been a disappointment, and I am considering returning it."

As it is...I think the letter is a bit laughable and pathetic. And what a shame, since I generally agree that PalmOne rushed a product's release. It's too bad that you couldn't write a more sensible, non-CRAZY letter that I could support by possibly even signing a petition.

Of course, were I going to critique your grammar, I probably would have taken time to spell grammer [sic] correctly. *sigh*

Tibby.
    I feel sorry for you OP, these guys are gonna slam you hard for your post...

The facts here are the Treo 650 in it's current beta state is: JUNK

and should not have been released the way it was there are people who will contradict my statment and say it's perfect and theirs works fine...

They are full of it....here's proof

When and IF a patch is ever released that corrects all these bugs and adds standard features as turning off the kb backlight like the T600 had The P1 defenders will be the 1st to upgrade to the new patch even though their devices are PERFECT! and watch their posts on this board! Mark my words!!
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon
    *sigh*
    and everything else you wrote
    *sigh*

Tibby.
    Agreed!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09

The facts here are the Treo 650 in it's current beta state is: JUNK

and should not have been released the way it was there are people who will contradict my statment and say it's perfect and theirs works fine...

They are full of it....here's proof

When and IF a patch is ever released that corrects all these bugs and adds standard features as turning off the kb backlight like the T600 had The P1 defenders will be the 1st to upgrade to the new patch even though their devices are PERFECT! and watch their posts on this board! Mark my words!!
    I never said my device was perfect, but I am slamming the post as garbage.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09

The facts here are the Treo 650 in it's current beta state is: JUNK...
    Hardly. It is a useful tool. It has a few problems, true, and I'll be the first to sign up to take a patch that fixes them, but even without that patch I'm happy - just not as happy as I could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    ...SNIP...
    In fact, I have been a devout user of Palm products since, I guess around 1994… I love the platform.
    ...SNIP...

tundycentral.
    WOW, you must have been one of the lucky few that got one of Hawkins wooden blocks!

First Palm Pilot introduced around March of 1996, a fact easily corroborated in many places online (and on my desk as I still have my original Palm Personal, although I got that in 1997, so I am not one of the truly old, old timers) I realize you said, "you guess around..." but IMHO, if you want to be taken seriously, your facts must be straight.

Good Luck, too bad you didn't take a minute to have your letter proofed before sending it, you might have had more impact.

Cheers
    It would be interesting to do a research of all the problems posted on this board (which mind you represent just a tiny fraction of Treo owners nationwide) and see what percentage are due to:

1. Uncertified, outdated, buggy 3rd party applications
    2. Trying to migrate from an older Treo600
    3. From the Cingular G SIM
    4. Trying CDMA ROM updates on GSM phones

I haven't counted them myself, so my observation is only anecdotal, so take it for what its worth - more than HALF of the problems reported on this board with the Treo have NOTHING to do with palmOne. If I choose to run beta or older or uncertified software, I do so at my own risk. If i didn't do a clean install or tried to use my old Palm Desktop software, when there was this BIG STICKER in the box that said not to, that is my problem. If Cingular did not discover that the Gemplus SIMS has a problem, how was palmOne supposed to control what brand of SIM Cingular uses? And if I flashed the ROM on my GSM phone with a Sprint ROM from Shadowmites website, well, I deserve what I got.

The point is that the Treo 650 works fine, and there is a reason why they sold out of them, and they cant keep them in stock. People LIKE them. They are selling like HOTCAKES. For those of us to come to these boards, we typically come here in search of anwers to a problem, so naturally the majority of posts here have to do with some sort of problem. But to extrapolate that and say that palmOne crammed a beta product down our throats? Well, that is a bit of a stretch...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  10.    #50  
    Hotcakes sound delicious and easy to swallow.

I've found no real answers regarding the Treo 650 on this (normally full of answers) forum. Scan the headers to all these posts & see how many questions without solutions there are... with all these dynamic, talented people.. no real answers, hmmm. Now go to Treo 600 hardware forum... wow solutions! This is not just an issue of having been around longer. Do the math lifer-dogs.

Hotcakes good... Treo 650, hard to swallow.

Trying to pick apart my credibility? Hah.
    1. Nothing squashes objection quicker than massive success.
    2. The beautiful thing about the internet? You never really know with whom you're dealing.

Kindest Regards,
    "The first snowflake" (as opposed to other types of flakes
    Action talks, BS walks.
    Why don't you walk on over to your website to continue this discussion? It's really getting a little tiring listening to your babble about how bad you think the 650 is. While not a perfect device, it's certainly no where near as bad as you make it out to be.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I have to go with Zboater on this one. I have not had problems with my Treo 650 except for what I did to it. I have a Sprint version. The bluetooth hack I heard in other posts was causing some people trouble as in slow down. I had to hard reset my device and left the hack off and there was a slight pick up in the device. Any other issues I have had with this phone can be directly traced to the software I put on it to make a cool phone even cooler. With my 100 dollar gift certificate wth Sprint, I bought PdaNet and there have been no issues with my bluetooth setup thus far. The only issue I have had that I can directly blame on the device or developer is the versamail crash issue. There is a step by step procedure to deleting certain files on the ram so that it won't crash, but the fact that they posted a fix like that indicates they didn't test the stabilty of versamail on this device. There is something that cause a corruption of the versamail data and with so much garbage coming into mailboxes these days, I don't know what caused it. They should come out with a patch to prevent a similar problem in the future. PalmOne told me to keep my mailbox as clean as possible as it would not only save me space, but prevent corruption. Other complaints about this seems to be a large number of e-mails can bring about a crash.
  13.    #53  
    1. The site won't be up for about a week... it's a time issue.
    2. It'll be merely a petition, again, for the reading impaired.
    3. yes, it really is that bad, go back & read my posts about how much I love the T600 and you'll realize that I'm a big palm fan... this is why I don't merely return the unit(s) as many suggest... it's not that easy.
    4. Even if I dumped my bluetooth headset, which I adore, and went backwards to the T600 again... it'll be a ***** getting all my desktop data back into the Treo600 desktop software.
    5. Normally I wouldn't have time to respond but I'm web publishing and just happen to be sitting here.

Ask a silly question...
  14.    #54  
    There Shouldn't Have To Be A Bluetooth Hack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    yes, it really is that bad
    But that's YOUR opinion, and not a fact. It can't be that bad if I've been using it for over 3 months without any of the problems you seem to be having.

As has already been stated several times, if the 650 doesn't suit your needs, by all means stop using it. But don't tell me I should as well, because the truth is it does everything I need it to and then some.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    First of all I must say that your email comes across as in best case juvenile and in worst case threatening.

And...
    Unfortunately you have created a product, in the T650, that has us up in arms… .
    Who are these 'us'? I'm a happy Treo 650 user. I'd like to be excluded from this 'us'...

It's also sort of amusing to me that you refer to yourself as a professional in your email...you honestly come across as anything but...
  17.    #57  
    MattyParanoid, you're right about the first palm release... I was guessing (off by about 10 months) I began following press releases and talk about the upcoming Palm Pilot in mid '95. y'happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    ...Who are these 'us'? I'm a happy Treo 650 user. I'd like to be excluded from this 'us'...
    I'm with you!!! Exclude me too...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  19.    #59  
    Hey Tiffany, you're a cutie... and having said that, you have not read my posts, sounds like you're listening to and parroting the others here... sorry, very ordinary.
    the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast