Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Saw this today and cracked up, an Eweek journalist describes his experiance with ordering and configuring a Treo 650 with Cingular.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1771603,00.asp
    Good piece of info from the article for Cingular customers

"Having been told some of my tale of woe, one data person kindly gave a toll-free number to get the data group directly, and a backup number, just in case. When I tried those numbers later that day, a recorded message said that those toll-free numbers wouldn't work from my area code. *sigh*

When Blasi was asked about this, he said that Treo questions are supposed to be handled by the business customer care group. When I told him that no rep had ever suggested talking with that group, it was his turn to sigh. (For the record, that number is 1-888-DATA-288, if that helps you avoid the same nightmare.) "
    I got my Cingular 650 yesterday. It took about 5 minutes to activate it via their phone system (even with switching my number over from AT&T). So far everything has worked well (though I did have to call them to get a SIM unlock code so I could set my own PIN for the phone).

Customer service was helpful and so far I don't have any complaints (knock on wood)
    Quoting the article....

When I did reach the data people, they were indeed quite helpful. They did scare me, though, when they mentioned that there is a known major flaw within the Treo 650 sync software but that it was a PalmOne problem and that PalmOne isn't doing much about it. Such news just makes my head spin worse.

Does anyone know what he is referering to???
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Interesting - that 288 part of the phone number suggests that it's originally an ATT group.