1.    #1  
    When I go into "Info" to check my available memory, I see "Graffiti 2 Library" taking up 289K. I am pretty sure that the Treo does not have Graffiti and I presume that this is left over from my Kyocera Smartphone. However, when I go to "Delete" the file, it is not in that list. How do I get rid of it? And, more importantly, other that removing my old "backup" folder before setting up my Treo, is there something I should have done to ensure that this didn't get transferred from my old device? (It IS very stable though - less than five resets since 2/9/05 with a Gemplus SIM)

Thanks for any advice!
    The "Graffiti 2 Library" is required by the 650 by default. It's not from your old device.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!! Any idea what it's for if there is no Graffiti application on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by undrwtr1
    Thanks!! Any idea what it's for if there is no Graffiti application on the phone?
    It's to support applications that allow graffiti explicitly - like GraffitiAnywhere.
    There's been a lot of discussion about this if you bother to do a search in this forum.

Here's one of it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=Graffiti+650
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    ... if you bother to do a search ...

Here's one of it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=Graffiti+650
    There are nicer ways to say that!! It was nice of you to include a link, though.

Maybe you did not realize how that came across it writing? I've done that before.

undrwtr1 has made only 7 posts and might not even be aware of the "search" feature.

undrwtr1 : The "seach" feature is found above the messages and can be a valuable aid in finding topics that relate to your concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    There are nicer ways to say that!! It was nice of you to include a link, though.

Maybe you did not realize how that came across it writing? I've done that before.

undrwtr1 has made only 7 posts and might not even be aware of the "search" feature.

undrwtr1 : The "seach" feature is found above the messages and can be a valuable aid in finding topics that relate to your concern.
    Know what....it's not a bad idea if this forum has a search button right beside "New Thread".
    I may be in the minority (though I doubt it) but I for one don't mind seeing things get repeated every now and then. I doubt we all get the chance to visit the forums everyday and if you don't you stand a good chance of missing a thread that might be interesting or useful to you. Ocassionally on the second or third time around someone contributes information that wasn't in the original thread. The search feature is definitely useful and should be utilized by everyone, but I think people need to stop jumping all over each other when someone starts a thread that is a repeat of a thread that could have been found on page 57 if they'd searched.
    I have joined a number of forums over the years. One of the things I always do is to see if there is a "forum guidlines" or "read me" file to see what is good manners and procedure. The one on this forum clearly asks people to do a search before asking.

It is because people dont do a search often that there are mutiple threads on a topic that makes it harder for people who DO do a search. Yes, sometimes there is good info in the second or third thread, but that is because a search was not done so that all of the relevent info is in the same thread

The multiple repeat questions also push new important posts off the first few pages and make it hard to make sure you have found the thread you need. There have been times recently were every post on the first two pages was a question that had been asked and aswered multiple times.

As for the posters who don't search, if you take a look at some of the threads recently, you will see a lot of them get ignored or only have one or two responses by other newcommers. The "old-timers" that really know things aren't responding anymore, some, i know, because they are tired of answering the same questions all the time. Thats not good, since the poster doesnt get the best responses.

Many of the very exeperianced people have not been posting on the 650 hardware page for a while for many of these reasons ( i know, i have pm'ed with some of them), you have to go to the software or other forums to find them.

Moving the search button or making it bigger would be a good idea. But also would be good if people would read the forum guidlines when they come on board.

A good example (although on one of the software forums) is when I was looking for a clock application that would come on when the the treo "woke up." A search found a thread exactly on point with links to apps that solved my problem. If I had not done the search and just posted the question, I probably would not have found what I was looking for and others who might have the same question would have a harder time finding the answer because of the added, redundant thread.

Most people, myself included, have given up on trying to suggest to people that they search since it was doing no good. I only bring it up anymore when someone else has. Most people are just ignoring the repeat threads and questions which isnt good either, but its what happens.