Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm using PocketDVD and MMPlayer with success.
    In PocketDVD, I chose the following:
    Output size: 245 MB
    Video 271 Kps, 24 fps, 320x192 (it could be 320x???)
    Audio: 96 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo near CD

When the DVD is inserted, wait for it to load. It may take longer for certain DVDs. It will scan through all the previews. Once you're able to get to the DVD menu. Click play and wait three seconds to click record. At this time, you will not hear anything. When you want to stop recording, click stop. You've just saved the avi file to your computer.
    Find the avi file and move it to your expansion card using a card reader.

Now, the hardest part is to get MMPlayer to work. I had problems with it at first but using the "gray skin" works good.
    Once you've got the file transfered to your card, insert the card to your Treo 650.
    Go to MMPlayer application.
    Click on Playlist at the top right.
    Click on Add at the bottom. You should now be at the Select screen.
    Go to the pulldown on the top right and click on it. It will give you three choices (Memory, blank, URL). Chose the blank one. (i think it's a bug on my system).
    It should show a list of files on your card. I only have mp3 and avi files.
    Click on the one you want.
    Click OK button.
    It will take you to a playlist again. Click on the file you want to play. Click on the play icon at the bottom.
    Now click on the Main tab at top right.
    You should be able to see your video. Click on the video are to maximize and minimize the screen.

One bug I've encountered is when I leave MMPlayer inactive and the screen shuts off, I have to reset the phone.
    Also, just hit ignore if MMPlayer tries to tell you the bitrate is too high.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by choile
    One bug I've encountered is when I leave MMPlayer inactive and the screen shuts off, I have to reset the phone.
    Good luck!
    If you pop your SD card out and pop it back in, you don't have to reset. A good workaround.
    Thanks Handtruck. I just tried it and you are right!
    can you use pocket dvd studio to rip the dvd and Kinoma player to play it (and thus have the movie pause when the phone rings)?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    can you use pocket dvd studio to rip the dvd and Kinoma player to play it (and thus have the movie pause when the phone rings)?
    you'll need to convert the avi file (from pocket dvd) with kinoma producer to a format that the kinoma player supports. (mp4,mov or kinoma movie)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I tried DVD2AVI and ended up with a 2 hour long video clip and a 2 hour long WAV file....how do I merge them?

Use Virtual dub.
    1. open avi file (the two hour one without sound)
    2. click audio
    3. click wav audio
    4. brose to the wav file you made (the two hour one)
    click file
    click save avi
    all done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    I got some pretty good results using virtualdubmod with the 2 pass xvid. I think there's enough flexibility in the setup there that you could really adjust the result to exactly what you want.
    Hey Tek, dont you have a forum with these instructions? You might wanna put the link in here because It helped me alot! I was able to rip Thumbwars no problem!

Thanks Tek (i dont think i thanked you in the other forum).
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    I think I have 4 of the 5 things needed to watch dvds on my 650.

1)DVDs
    2)DVD shrink
    3)
    4)Kinoma producer
    5)Kinoma player.

Am I correct in the order? What do I need for step three (preferably free)?
    Does anyone know? Please?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I'm using MMPlayer on my T600 with lots of success.

I tried Kinoma and it was horrible.

Settings that work well for a T600:
    160x120 @ 20fps
    Any bitrate (Anything above 200 kbps ABR is overkill, I usually use 2-pass and set it to 1.5-2 MB per minute of video)
    32 kHz mono sound @ 48 kbps MP3

The T600 can play 24fps video, but the framerate will occasionally dip. If you try 30fps video, you need to set the bitrate incredibly low or MMPlayer will complain.

I can't give any more detailed encoding tips as I use avidemux on my Linux box, and I'm probably one of the only people here that does their encoding under Linux.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12