1.    #1  
    I was wondering ...

I was wondering how long it take to sync through bluetooth. I've read up that it's slow , but i was wondering how slow it is. This is assuming that you're not installing new prc files and not many pictures are being sent over.

For me .... bluetooth doesn't seem to be worth it. I can get a usb cable out and do it a lot faster. Any reason why i should still stick w/ bluetooth for my pc???I'm currently using 3com pcmcia. thanks

this is a lil off topic but with DUN....do i need a service provider to use it ? I've been readin people doing DUN , but do i need like and AOL phone number to call and get connected?

thanks again
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Bluetooth is MUCH slower than cable but not as slow as an OTA Hotsync. What takes me about 1 minute to do via cable, is 3-4 minutes on Bluetooth and over 10 minutes OTA. I bought a bluetooth PCMCIA too as I like the ability to add PRC's from my laptop. I also have DUN set up with the Shadowmite patch. You don't need a seperate service provider as is utilitzes Sprint's vision connection (if you have Sprint).
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326
    I was wondering ...

For me .... bluetooth doesn't seem to be worth it. I can get a usb cable out and do it a lot faster. Any reason why i should still stick w/ bluetooth for my pc???I'm currently using 3com pcmcia. thanks

thanks again
    The value for me is *NOT* having to get out a cable, and being able to hotsync to my PC from anywhere in my home. Although it is slower, I do not notice a big difference, I just hit hotsync and then go on to something else.
    Here is a site with some information on this subject(http://www.bloglines.com/blog/testrada?id=13). Also, checkout, http://blog.treonauts.com/, about half-way down the page there is more discussion about this.
    It takes at least 2X ~ 3X longer than a USB sync for me.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Been my experience also. Mac OS X 10.3.

Disable some conduits if you want to speed things up. You can also optimize in some conduits like iSync to only sync some categories or calendars.
  7.    #7  
    does anyone know what the data rate of bluetooth is ? is it the palm side that's slow... i feel like we're using a floppy disk to send information over
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    proximity matters too. The farther you are away the longer it will take as well
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  9.    #9  
    bout DUN... i have cingular and is it extra if i dont' have works.. would it eat minutes?