Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i hope they let us do upgrades like how we did for the T600....well then again i do have a replacement phone (ahh the power of GSM, good ole sim card)

but that would suck if i would have to send mine away to never never land
    How do you get this patch and how do you install it?

I suspect the comment below is a joke, but if there is any advantage to the patch, I would like to have it.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by rcgabriel
    Yes, the patch magically give you 64 megs of memory!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I have it and it doesn't fix the memory issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    How do you get this patch and how do you install it?

I suspect the comment below is a joke, but if there is any advantage to the patch, I would like to have it.

Eric
    Not available via download yet.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I'm on hold with PalmOne. They are checking whether they can release it or now right now as I type. If I get it, I'll post it and blame it on Shadowmite

btw, I hope I speak for everyone when I thank the dude for all his effort with ROM hacking. It is because of him that I have happy Treo 650 users in my organization.

I'm probably going to be cursing him when the new "official" firmware comes out, which everyone will want (today of course) and I'll have to back out all his changes to install it
    peter:

send me a pm and I forward you the map of the location in bkk where to upgrade the firmware. if you would have any 3rd party apps they would all get erased. also setup information like buttons and favourites have to be redone ...
    I hope someone can post the rom update soon.
    Waited 4 months for my unlocked GSM 650.
    firmware 01.15
    software 1.06-row
    hardware A

issues: this latest firmware doesnt fix anything

worst problem is the volume on the phone

Very low recieving and sending calls
    So low i can't even hear my voice mail if I check it outside
    phone echo- this has been so bad a client wanted me to call back on a land line! I can try to rationalize this all I want because of how I love the phone.
    But problems for clients is not gonna fly...

If anyone has any fix, for this I have tried the mute button, I have turned everything up as high as it would go and set the little button. I have done a soft and a system reset.

I think I have the latest firmware, so do you think I should send it back?

all constructive comments welcome...
    any news about the firmware update ?
    I've just checked the PalmOne support site and they don't have an update for unlocked gsm version.
    Is there another firmware out there for Cingular GSM later than 1.0 at this point?

Downloadable?
    worst problem is the volume on the phone

Very low recieving and sending calls
    So low i can't even hear my voice mail if I check it outside
    phone echo- this has been so bad a client wanted me to call back on a land line! I can try to rationalize this all I want because of how I love the phone.
    But problems for clients is not gonna fly...

If anyone has any fix, for this I have tried the mute button, I have turned everything up as high as it would go and set the little button. I have done a soft and a system reset.

I think I have the latest firmware, so do you think I should send it back?
    ideawizard2,

You should ask PalmOne for a new phone. I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 and do not have a volume problem. I doubt if it is a software / firmware problem. Maybe you've got a faulty sound circuit.
    http://www.peterwalker.com
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked 650 with the low call volume problem, my replacement is due to arrive this morning so I will update everyone if the new model is better. I still LOVE this TREO! By far better than my Ipaq 6315.
    I have a sprint pcs and the software is 1.03.

I don't even see a firmware number.

does this sound right?
    Boy did I have a hard time getting a replacement. I have a PalmOne Treo 650 GSM Unlocked. Ordered it 2/3/05 I was getting the infamous frequent resets. I changed out my Gemplus 64K SIM for an Axalto and the frequent resets turned into the phone not responding when I click the power button (once) I had to click it twice (most of the time) to get the screen to light up. Frequently the screen would not light up at all and I'd have to do a soft reset. So I finally called PalmOne about this issue and they had me do two hard resets (which is all they know how to do, which is why I put off calling them as long as I did) then it started resetting itself every time I tried to change the color code for categories in my calendar. So I called back and they said I would have to call the palmone store to get an exchange. The store said they could only refund me (I ordered it on 02/03/05 when it was priced at $599 so this was not an option) or have me send it in to be repaired. It is within 30 days of recieving at my doorstep, I expect an advanced exchange. Then store said they couldnt do that and transfered me back to tech support who said only Cingular (or applicable service provider) offers advanced exchanges. I said that I dont have a cingular model, I have a unbranded unlocked 650 GSM. The rep said yes, cingular can offer me that. So I said it again (figuring the woman didnt get me) saying how/why in the world would Cingular offer an unbranded unlocked version of the treo 650?!? So she then talk to her supervisor and my advanced exchange was authorized. This tool all of 3 hours of my day to resolve. Wow! I will now be able to compare and see if there is a difference in firmware versions when I recieve my new one.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Well I just got my replacement and its the same 1/14 firmware as my first Treo. Im keeping my original unit since its working fine except for the ear piece volume. Damn!
    Ideawizard

-Just got my unlocked GSM from Vienna yesterday.
    I have the same phone specs as yourself.

I am having the same trouble. Low volume, echos, etc. The bluetooth headset seems to be working well. I have been told that the sound reception is best on the my Motorola headset (I forgot the model #)
    To those with Cingular and ATT Treos - 1.14 & 1.15 are for the <bold>unlocked</bold> GSM Treos. They shipped with 1.14 and 1.05 but starting about two weeks ago, people started getting unlocked Treos with 1.15 and 1.06.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12