1.    #1  
    I think I read somewhere that the Treo reboots because it gets an error whereas other Palms just display a message box. The reasoning for this behavior would be to allow the phone be operational at all times, and also so that people that switched over from phones wouldn't get confused by a "Fatal Error" popup box. (and that's why we have the ##377# code)

Does anyone know of a software or hack that can make the Treo do what other Palms do? i.e. when a program crashes, it would just pop up a dialog box saying the error, and you just hit OK and everything goes on the way it was before.

Or am I just behind the times and modern PalmOS' just reboot when they have a program crash. (the last non-phone palm I used was a Palm Pilot 5000)
    I have not heard of such a program. I use CrashPro which logs the cause for the reboot, but it wont prevent it. Palm has come a looooong way since the 5000 (I had one too ), and the software on it is much more complex, with audio, video, color, wireless, etc. I think it has become like any other computer. Hopefully OS6 will provide better fault tolerance and stability. One can only hope...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    What does a T5 do when a program crashes? or a T3?
    You mention OS6. Any news on when that is out? Does Crashpro tell you what app may have cause a crash so that you can delete it?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I have not heard of such a program. I use CrashPro which logs the cause for the reboot, but it wont prevent it. Palm has come a looooong way since the 5000 (I had one too ), and the software on it is much more complex, with audio, video, color, wireless, etc. I think it has become like any other computer. Hopefully OS6 will provide better fault tolerance and stability. One can only hope...