1.    #1  
    Seeing as Verizon may or may not carry it, what's the status of Alltel carrying the Treo 650??? Gimme some hope please...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I would not think so sorry if that is not what u what to hear
    Based on past experence if ever about the time all the other carirers discontinue it. They got the old motorola startac about the time everyone else quit carring it several years ago.

Rj
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Alltel is still around??? WOW!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the replies so far. This isn't sounding too good...
    The treo 650 is scheduled to be released sometime around july 2005
  7.    #7  
    reliable source you heard this from??? Thatd be a good backup plan if VZW doesn't get it. Thanks...
    At least here in north central FL, Alltel can't even spell "data." They were a shoe-in for my business (they have a tower atop the hospital where I work) until I came to that painful realisation. I told them my business was "theirs to lose," and they rose to the challenge.
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Can I ask why you use Alltel as your carrier?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by slr001
    Can I ask why you use Alltel as your carrier?
    If your question is directed at me, I don't. I use VZW, but am looking at backup plans in case VZW doesn't carry it. I am soleley looking to converge my dying Sony Clie, & a phone into 1 device. That'd be sweet, & the Treo has got me drooling like a fool!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by s_strosberg
    reliable source you heard this from??? Thatd be a good backup plan if VZW doesn't get it. Thanks...
    alltel has very big plans for its lineup of phones. They have come a long way in the past four months. The treo is one of many new additions.

As far as data goes, they are rolling out 1xrtt in alot of markets so data will be much faster
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    alltel has very big plans for its lineup of phones. They have come a long way in the past four months. The treo is one of many new additions.

As far as data goes, they are rolling out 1xrtt in alot of markets so data will be much faster
    cool... thanks! It never hurts to have a back-up plan, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    The treo is one of many new additions.
    Do you have a window into the future? They don't seem to have added it yet...

http://alltel.com/estore/wireless/phones/
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    Alltel doesn't have to carry it. Buy a TREO through Veris=zon or where ever you can get it. As long as it is CDMA it will work on Alttel. If it is VZON there is a code for programming it that the Alltel rep can do. They have DATA just like every other carrier-- no different. They all share some of the same technology. Sometimes you just have to look deep for it. The idiots in the stores are just hands and mouths. Like any one else they don't care if your life is simplified by technology. They are just there to sell you a phone so they can get paid, call in sick and roam around Wal Mart.
    The VZN code for programming is #*#000000Dial. That let's you in to plug in the ESN and activate on any carrier. Obviously this website is a proprietary palm internet rouse because the turd named Paul that answered my request said the site only dealt with Sprint, Cing and VRZN and he wouldn't respond after I re-emailed him to let him know I got it activated on Alltel.

have a nice life
    alltel plans to roll out the treo650 on november 23rd, at least that's what they told me on friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
    alltel plans to roll out the treo650 on november 23rd, at least that's what they told me on friday.
    It's funny how far behind they are with the 650 as I remember that Alltel was the first carrier by months to have the Kyocera 7135. It was ticking me off so much that Verizon didn't have it but had it on their site as comming soon for over six months.