1.    #1  
    I'm upgrading (probably) from my T600 to the T650 in a couple of weeks. Question: I've read about the delay in dialing/answering that appears to occur in at least some of the 650s...and I observed it at the Sprint store. Questions: 1) does that pretty much happen to all Sprint T650s, or is it just some, and 2) is it only the Sprint model that that happens to? Could make a difference in possibly switching to Cingular if so...when I "test dialed" the 650 the model I used did have a delay in dialing/answering and I can see how it would be really irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    I'm upgrading (probably) from my T600 to the T650 in a couple of weeks. Question: I've read about the delay in dialing/answering that appears to occur in at least some of the 650s...and I observed it at the Sprint store. Questions: 1) does that pretty much happen to all Sprint T650s, or is it just some, and 2) is it only the Sprint model that that happens to? Could make a difference in possibly switching to Cingular if so...when I "test dialed" the 650 the model I used did have a delay in dialing/answering and I can see how it would be really irritating.
    I have a Sprint branded 650. There IS definitely a delay. I've just accepted that as one compromise I'm willing to make.
    David
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    The Cingular I tried did NOT have a delay.
    I also have a Sprint T650 and have that annoying dialing delay.

Accepted and forgotten about.
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.
    Same with me on Sprint. Gotten used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevroc
    The Cingular I tried did NOT have a delay.
    I think they all have the delay -- it just depends on what else you do with your phone before dialing. I have a delay of between 0 and 3 seconds depending.
    My Sprint 650 has an inconsistent delay, usually while dialing from my contact list, but it ranges from as long as 5 seconds to as little at one second, even when dialing the same number. I have not found it an annoyance, in part I suppose because the people I call usually have a longer delay in answering the damn phone.

There may be some variation between carriers but I don't think it should be a deal-breaker.
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
    yep mine delays, i have the sprint treo 650
    Yep, I think all Sprint phones have this. It's no big deal to me though. I posted in another thread how it's not like I'm trying to speed dial radio stations all day to be the "13th caller gets these tickets..."

Big deal, I'm more annoyed with the BT volume (or lack thereof) then having to wait an extra second or two to hear a ring.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Add me to the list. Sprint T650 with a dialing delay that I have gotten used to.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I am having the same issue with my Sprint 650. Just learned to deal with it.
    Semper Fi
    If you want a free IPod click Free IPod

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I rarely notice it anymore. Once in a while it will take a little longer than normal and I get the temptation to hit the screen or phone button causing me to redial the number but as other have mentioned it is a small trade off
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    I got it, it's dialing, not answering on mine. Mine seems to answer quick, it's when I initiate a call when it may take up to 5sec to go through. I have learned to ingor/live with it, but the big beef I have is there is no pop up saying "DIaling" or anything, so you think the command didn't take after a couple seconds and do it again only to see the first command for dial take and then hang right back up from the second comand you did thinking the first didn't take.
  14.    #14  
    Okay, thanks -- seems like it is a Sprint phone issue only. Hm, I'm one of the horde of T600 users wondering if it is really worth the upgrade with the dialing delay, less memory, call log issue, etc...but my gut still tells me it is. Thanks for the input/answers above.