1.    #1  
    I'm trying to use AvantGo and sync to my SD card. I've gotten to the correct menu where you check the box to sync to card. There's a pulldown menu next to it in which they instruct you to select a card. I get no choices in this pulldown menu. With sync to card checked (but without a card selected), it does not sync to my SD card. Has anyone successfully synced AvantGo to SD? How do you get around this problem?
    I've done this with my Treo 600 and it works well, though it's much slower than then when content is read off of internal memory. Here's what you do:

THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON PALM OS 5 DEVICES!

You can specify that your AvantGo channels be downloaded onto a memory card by first deleting your current channel lineup from your Palm device's main memory, then specifying the card for storage. Follow this procedure:

To sync AvantGo content onto a memory card:

On your Palm device, run AvantGo by clicking the AvantGo icon.

Tap the blue AvantGo.com menu title at the top left of the screen.

The Channels menu opens.

Select the Channel Manager menu item by tapping its name.

The Channel Manager opens.

At the bottom of your channel list, tap the Select All button. Then tap the Clear button.

Your channels are cleared from your Palm's main memory.

Exit AvantGo, then run AvantGo Connect by clicking its icon

Tap the Settings button, then activate the Use Card check box.

Select Card from the drop down list and tap OK.

The next time you sync, your channels will be saved to the card's memory. (You might notice that syncing is slightly slower when the card is used to store channels.)

Note: The AvantGo and AvantGo Connect must remain in your Palm's main memory. They cannot be installed on a memory card.

(quoted from http://avantgo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...YWdlPTE*&p_li=)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett1111
    I've done this with my Treo 600 and it works well, though it's much slower than then when content is read off of internal memory. Here's what you do:

THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON PALM OS 5 DEVICES!

You can specify that your AvantGo channels be downloaded onto a memory card by first deleting your current channel lineup from your Palm device's main memory, then specifying the card for storage. Follow this procedure:

To sync AvantGo content onto a memory card:

On your Palm device, run AvantGo by clicking the AvantGo icon.

Tap the blue AvantGo.com menu title at the top left of the screen.

The Channels menu opens.

Select the Channel Manager menu item by tapping its name.

The Channel Manager opens.

At the bottom of your channel list, tap the Select All button. Then tap the Clear button.

Your channels are cleared from your Palm's main memory.

Exit AvantGo, then run AvantGo Connect by clicking its icon

Tap the Settings button, then activate the Use Card check box.

Select Card from the drop down list and tap OK.

The next time you sync, your channels will be saved to the card's memory. (You might notice that syncing is slightly slower when the card is used to store channels.)

Note: The AvantGo and AvantGo Connect must remain in your Palm's main memory. They cannot be installed on a memory card.

(quoted from http://avantgo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...YWdlPTE*&p_li=)
    Thanks for trying to help, Brett1111, but I've done that whole sequence and my question refers to step #7. My card does not show up in the drop down list. Did yours or did you only check the "Use card" box? Maybe the difference here is between your T600 and my T650...
    Make sure you name your card and that it is seated. Pop it out and push it back in before starting AvantGo.
    I've never had any luck actually hotsyncing and having it save data to the card, regardless of pref settings for the card.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    The trick is naming the card. That's the problem I had.

Of course chosing sync to card made syncing sooooooooo slow, I changed back.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!