1.    #1  
    After reading the horrors of Cingular and Gem+ sim, I am getting worried..

My phone (with the Gem+) is working just fine. No VM corruption, no resets for 4 days!!

Am I sitting on a time bomb? Will the phone go nuts if I'm outside my home area (central Ohio)?

I wish we knew the technical details about the nature of the problems the Gem+ SIM is causing...

Aloke
    Only about 1/4 - 1/3 of the cingular Gems were bad
    Gem 32k? Gem 64k?

Be thankful that yours has been okay! Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    After reading the horrors of Cingular and Gem+ sim, I am getting worried..

My phone (with the Gem+) is working just fine. No VM corruption, no resets for 4 days!!

Am I sitting on a time bomb? Will the phone go nuts if I'm outside my home area (central Ohio)?

I wish we knew the technical details about the nature of the problems the Gem+ SIM is causing...

Aloke
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
  4.    #4  
    Gem+ 64 K SIM.

I wonder if "bad" sims were bad in their hardware .. or the software programmed/stored on them.

Computers aren't supposed to behave randomly .. dammit.

Aloke
    Go figure.... I have new firmware, unlocked, and the Axalto SIM, and still experienced a reset. I'm still ha happy camper though....
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    My Gem card finally displayed the notorious voicemail problem yesterday and I switched it out for the Axalto.. problem solved.
    I would go switch it out. Its free and you never know....
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I too have read all the horror posts about the Gemplus SIM but mine has been just fine with only about five resets in a month. My wife has the Axalto and her phone (with only apps provided by PalmOne on their CD) seems to reset a bit more frequently (she syncs way more than I do). If it aint broke don't fix it is my motto. I'm afraid the new SIM will cause problems so I'm staying put. Despite all the negative posts and complaints, I'm VERY happy with my Treo.