1.    #1  
    Are the stylus-based commands (like /c for Copy) that you see in the menu of applications functional? I can't seem to be able to use any of these commands. It is sometimes handy to use these if you already have the stylus out and in your hand.

The problem is, unlike other Palms, there is no space below the active screen for stylus actions. So, in Memo, for example, if I highlight some text and start the /C, the selection gets reset as soon as the screen is contacted to start the / stroke.

So: Are the stylus commands active on the Treo 650?

Aloke
    DITO
    I am new to treo and my last palm was the palm pro
    I use GraffitiAnywhere. I really like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Are the stylus commands active on the Treo 650?
    I'm pretty sure that the answer is "no" and that you'll need to get an aftermarket Graffiti application like TealScript to enable the stylus commands.
    Kenji
    Are the stylus commands active on the Treo 650?
    No. I specifically asked this question at the PalmOne retail store at Century City, West LA before I purchased my 650. Not that PalmOne sales personnel are really knowledgeable, but in my 2-week experience with my 650, I have noticed that the 650 was apparently designed specifically for keyboard input and does not contain Graffiti support. Notice that PalmOne dumped the applications (i.e. Notepad, BlueBoard) that inherently requires on-screen writing. I also use the latest version of ZLauncher on my 650 and can invoke the command line but can't seem to get any further text input, Graffiti or even with the keyboard, to activate the shortcut. However, in this instance I may be doing something wrong as I really did not spend much time on that.

You can however get a third-party application like "Jot" to give you Graffiti support and I guess that you can then install and use programs that can make use of it. Anyone using Jot or similar Graffiti app out there? What is your experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by NX01
    ... Anyone using Jot or similar Graffiti app out there? What is your experience?
    I use GraffitiAnywhere and love it. I mapped the side button to activate it (you do that from inside GraffitiAnywhere) and I set it to come back on with no confirmation after a reset.

Flawless.

If you poke around doing a search you can find how to go back to Graffiti instead of Graffitit 2, if you want to.
    GraffitiAnywhere is free and many like it. I did not.

Jot is available but I found that to be buggy.

I personally like TealScript ( http://www.tealpoint.com ). It costs money but works great. I like the look and feel better than any of the others, and it has so many customization options you may never really learn all the stuff you can do with it.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
  8. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Are the stylus-based commands (like /c for Copy) that you see in the menu of applications functional? I can't seem to be able to use any of these commands. It is sometimes handy to use these if you already have the stylus out and in your hand.

The problem is, unlike other Palms, there is no space below the active screen for stylus actions. So, in Memo, for example, if I highlight some text and start the /C, the selection gets reset as soon as the screen is contacted to start the / stroke.

So: Are the stylus commands active on the Treo 650?

Aloke
    I use the 600 - the "menu" button does what the / did. So when you highlight text you press "menu"+c and the "menu"+p to paste. I would expect the 650 is the same, but I'm not positive.
    Yeah, it's the same on the 650. Menu button is /
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    I use the 600 - the "menu" button does what the / did. So when you highlight text you press "menu"+c and the "menu"+p to paste. I would expect the 650 is the same, but I'm not positive.

doesn't work on my 650
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    ...I personally like TealScript ( http://www.tealpoint.com ). It costs money but works great. I like the look and feel better than any of the others, and it has so many customization options you may never really learn all the stuff you can do with it.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    I'm with you!!!

I also like it because I can use Grafitti 1 strokes, as I never warmed up to G2.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!