Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Folks,

Like many other folks, I've experienced my share of resets. Most of the #*377 messages are random and useless. However over the last three days I've been getting several resets per day, consistently with the following message:

--
    HALRadioAcDc.c, Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time
    --

That's the second part of the error, the first part being "A reset was caused on ... while running...". It seems to often be Chatter that is running when the reset occurs, although not always.

I don't have many 3rd party apps, just Chatter, Win-Hand, and Docs to Go. I've been using the 650 for over two weeks, and this error just started to occur.

Has anyone else seen this weird message? On a regular basis?
  2.    #2  
    So I'm alone on this one?
    I've had a couple random resets. The one I caught today gave the same code as you, but while running "Applications" (the home button). It was just sitting there when it reset. I don't have many third party apps. I hard reset last night and have been working with just the bare minimum to see if my resets go away.
    There are a LOT of threads on this. Just put it into Google. Not all seem to come to the same conclusion, so I can't post a quick "It's this" from looking at the threads... A couple mentioned the SIM issue with 64K Cingular SIMs. Maybe look here -> http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74723
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Got the same error today... I'm running the latest Axalto 64k SIM. It's somehow related to ChatterEmail, but I haven't had a chance to try and reproduce it yet.
  6. j2_
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    Got the same error today... I'm running the latest Axalto 64k SIM. It's somehow related to ChatterEmail, but I haven't had a chance to try and reproduce it yet.
    I thought you said Chatter was solid on your phone?
    palmOne Treo 650 unlocked GSM
    You should know better than to listen to alee.
  8.    #8  
    Well, I've already swapped for an Axalto chip (fixed a ton of issues), and I've now removed Chatter, and yet got this reset & error since then.

The weird part is that after two weeks of stable use I'm suddenly getting a lot of resets, ALWAYS with this error message, no variety at all. There's something very specific going on here...
    If you havn't already, you chould contact either cingular or p1 to get your phone replaced. Mine is on the way. Apparently it's a known hardware issue. They didn't give me much grief when exchanging it, but I'm under the 30day window. Push the 1 year warrenty thouh and that shouould get you a replacement I'd think. Good luck!
    The q is: who's 650 doesn't get this error? Seems they all do.
    Cingular T650
    ...now back to Motorola and a Zire 72!
    As I posted in another thread: I was free of HalRadioAcDc resets until I overclocked Blazer to 390 MHz using PXAClocker. As soon as I removed PXAClocker, that particular reset went away.

Are you currently using PXAClocker? If so, try removing it. If not, then while you are waiting for your warranty replacement unit :-), try an experiment - install PXA and *underclock* your system for a while.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkLegGT
    Not all. Mine did, and I had P1 ship me a replacement which has been solid for days now, where the original would get a HALRadio crash several times a day. Conversely, the original unit has been stable since I turned off the radio and moved the SIM to the new unit, so it's definitely linked to the phone/GPRS functions (as one would suspect from the module name).

As an aside, I wonder if those of us who had the problem, had all selected the "don't ask me before connecting to the network" checkbox; it may be that if the Treo is not allowed to establish a connection automatically, this problem is abated or avoided.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Mine doesn't (Palmone unlocked). From what I've read it's a known problem that indicates bad hardware; such phones should be sent back for replacement.

Not me. Never got that error, and I'm still using the dreaded Gemplus Sim.
    I've never seen that error on my Cingular 650.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I got my replacement yesterday, and so far (knock on wood) no problems
    Quote Originally Posted by wktaylor
    I got my replacement yesterday, and so far (knock on wood) no problems
    Same here
    My replacement came today from Wirefly. So Far so good. Spent the morning with out of the box configuration. Just now (5pm) did a hot sync and I'll do the cinguar update in a few hours to let the sync, sink in.....

I'm afraid to say it but no crashes yet.
    Okay, so I'm getting 4 or 5 resets a day on the unlocked Treo GSM that finally showed up from Viennachannels. All the HALRadio one. Also, at least twice a day, I'll check the phone and find the radio has turned itself off. Plus, again a couple of times a day, the OS slows down so badly I have to wait 10-15 second between each button press to get any response (I always have to manually soft reset when this happens).

This is with ZERO apps installed except for Crash Pro. The thing literally crashed on me 5 minutes after I'd first taken it out of the box.

I'm really hoping someone has some idea what I can do to fix this. I'm in the UK, and don't really have an hand dandy Viennachannels store to run down to and swap this POS out.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone know if Vienna even does replacements? Thanks!
    What is the final word on this situation. My 4 day old Treo has locked up with this error several times with the most recent this morning. Any fixes or just take it back to the local shop. If they are not aware of the problem will they fight me about the exchange? Plus, my voicemail favorite shows one new message but there aint none. It has been like this since I got it?? Later.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast