Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's still a hardware problem. Take it back. Sorry.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    It is a hardware issue. Get the phone replaced. I had an unlocked Unbranded 650 that would lockup error every night (meaning the phone would not recieve a call) as soon as I hit any button in the morning the phone would reset with teh Hal dac error. I told the 3rd world tech support that it was a known issue they told me to call the palmone store and give them the number they gave me and have them replace it. Well I was at day 30 and they told me it was only 15 days where you could exchange it. They said I'd have to buy a new one and when they got the old one back they would credit my credit card. So I bought the new one and they shipped me a fed ex label to send back my old phone and the did credit the account promptly. New one has been rock solid in comparison 5/5/05 was my last crash and that was with blazer.
    so back to my local cingular shop or call palmone and deal direct. i just have a feeling that the ma and pa local cingular store will give me the run around. they dont even know how these phones work and they sell them?? thanks.
    Mine had the same problem. Its a hardware issue. I took the phone back to the Cingular store I bought it from. When I showed them the error message there was no run around. They might not know what it means, but they do know it ain't normal.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Well, I called Cingular CS and got mine replaced. It took two calls and some explaining but they took care of me rather well. I assume that the phone I receive will be new. Has everyone who got a replacement from Cingular received a new or used(refurbed) one?

I only received the halradio error twice but from what I read this is a problem that requires a replacement. The almost daily freezes have also gotten old.

Has everyone had good luck with the replacements? Also I would like everyone's opinion, do you recommend hotsyncing the new phone or starting from scratch?
    Last edited by verks; 05/25/2005 at 02:59 PM.
    Back up your contacts and calander in Palm Desktop if you are using it, then do a complete reinstall. Delete every that was originally installed.
    My new phone has reset only about 10 times since I got it in March. I think I got a brand new replacement, but I'm not sure.
    got my replacement two days ago and so far so good. local rep just did a DOA on the defective unit and swaped it out. this unit has the latest cingular software and the old one did not. later.
    I just got the dreaded halradioacdc too from my replacement unit. My older unit didnt have it. I was told to get a treo with PTTG04 as the starting serial. Palm
    Asia is also sending me a hotsync cradle so I'll be less pissed. Hmm, Im actually kinda happy now. hehehehe
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12