Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does Snappermail push e-mail out like Chatter?
    No.
    No, Chatter is the one and only.
    Snappermail says it's on the list of features they intend to add, but I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing that any time soon. Mark spent a long time getting Chatter's push to work very well so Snapper has a lot of catching up to do for this particular feature (if they actually do it.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    you don't need push. use snappermail with treohelper. do a search
    SnapperMail with treo helper. I second that. I have three email accounts set up. I get my email in no more than 2 minutes from the original time it is sent.
  6.    #6  
    What is Treo Helper? Do you have to pull the e-mail like with Versamail in that you have to click on "Get"?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    What is Treo Helper? Do you have to pull the e-mail like with Versamail in that you have to click on "Get"?
    Treohelper
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    excuse me, I have read the treohelper readme but still can't figure out how does it work with snappermail for pushing email.
    Forward email to 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
    Set TreoHelper to launch Snapper with trigger text set at "@".
    Set TreoHelper to delete sms.

If email does not forward look into Fusemail.
    exactly! treohelper reads the sms & launches in snappermail to fetch your email. this is all done seamlessly. You don't actually see treohelper doing anything. it looks like snappermail just launches when you get an email-like PUSH!!!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Hmmm, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I got it setup to launch SM, but then no e-mail comes through when SM launches. My settings are as follows:

Checked "enable this SMS trigger" with "@" symbol
    Launch SM
    Unchecked "Delay Launch until sleep"

Seems pretty basic...am I missing something. I set my Yahoo account to forward my e-mail xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
    Last edited by dwman; 03/03/2005 at 03:37 AM.
    which version treohelper you have? the version you have may not be optimized for 650
    i dont know if I'm correct with this, but do you need to setup snapper to do auto fetch?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    felipe, it's been a while since I used the treohelper / snapper combination but I don't believe that you need to set up autofetch in order to make this work, I believe snapper uses the manual fetch settings.

dwman, I'll take a stab here but I don't think you're supposed to "forward" the email to your sprintpcs sms address, just set yahoo to alert you of new email via sms. there is a difference. I can't remember if forwarding in yahoo actually deletes the original message from your inbox, but if that is the case, yahoo will forward the message as an sms then deletes it, then treohelper probably picks up that sms with your email in it but then deletes that message when it launches snapper, so by then, the email is gone. now when you say the email isn't going through, do you see snapper doing a fetch?

yahoo had "mobile alerts" where you can just tell it to alert you of new email via sms. this is the method that I used to get this combination to work. maybe try that instead of the forwarding?
    -- berto
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    which version treohelper you have? the version you have may not be optimized for 650
    I have .70, so I have the latest, but I think I figured out the issue.

I have Yahoo mail asking to send me a message to the new forwarded e-mail address so it can send me a link and/or a code so I can verify as part of Yahoo security. Unfortunately, I can't see any link or security code when the SMS comes through, so I can't verify the forward through Yahoo. What have other people done about this? I must be missing something really simple here.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    felipe, it's been a while since I used the treohelper / snapper combination but I don't believe that you need to set up autofetch in order to make this work, I believe snapper uses the manual fetch settings.

dwman, I'll take a stab here but I don't think you're supposed to "forward" the email to your sprintpcs sms address, just set yahoo to alert you of new email via sms. there is a difference. I can't remember if forwarding in yahoo actually deletes the original message from your inbox, but if that is the case, yahoo will forward the message as an sms then deletes it, then treohelper probably picks up that sms with your email in it but then deletes that message when it launches snapper, so by then, the email is gone. now when you say the email isn't going through, do you see snapper doing a fetch?

yahoo had "mobile alerts" where you can just tell it to alert you of new email via sms. this is the method that I used to get this combination to work. maybe try that instead of the forwarding?

Can anyone confirm which method is used. Do I use Yahoo's forwarding or Yahoo's mobile alerts?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    GOT IT!!! It is through Yahoo mobile alerts. Wow, this method rocks. Thank you all for your help.
    So if you want a Yahoo mobile alert you have to set up a filter also right? What filter should be used , because if you make it too generic - example - any email with "@" in the subject - send to my inbox and alert me, you'll get all the spam into your inbox too. Or am I missing something here?
    actually, the spam filters on yahoo were working pretty well once I marked enough blocked addresses and domains. after that's setup, I think there is a setting where you can exclude these spams from the mobile alerts and receive only legitimate emails through snapper as a result.
    -- berto
    I'm just wondering if by setting a generic filter you're actually overiding the spam filters which would mean that all your emails - including spam mail - will wind up going into your inbox. I couldn't find any settings in the yahoo spam filters to exclude them from any alerts.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast