Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    steve, I haven't used the upgraded yahoo mail in a while. but I thought there was a little tick box in the mail settings that left spam mails in the bulk folder so that snapper and other programs wouldn't pick them up. if I remember right, it was on the same setting screen as the mail forwarding / pop access options. I don't have those options anymore since I have since downgraded to the free yahoo mail. didn't use filters at all...
    -- berto
    Berto,
    Thanks for your help. It seems that now, in order to get an alert about email, you must also setup a filter and specify where you want the email to go. So if you put in a filter and route it to your inbox, those spams that normally would go to your bulk folder are now being sent to your inbox where snapper will now pick them up.
    hmm, they musta changed something. I KNOW that I had it working pretty smoothly before. and I coulda sworn that filters weren't involved. I could be wrong though...
    -- berto
    Maybe there's another way to send an alert when you have Yahoo email - I just haven't found it anywhere. Thanks !
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    BTW, is there a size limit on the e-mails that come through using Treohelper? Since it utilizes the SMS, will certain messages that are too large bounce back to the sender?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    BTW, is there a size limit on the e-mails that come through using Treohelper? Since it utilizes the SMS, will certain messages that are too large bounce back to the sender?
    they wont bouce back. a couple of things may happen.

you get only a small part of the message.
    you may get a bunch of sms that will have the email in bits.
    you may get an sms.

but, you shouldnt be getting your email via sms.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    they wont bouce back. a couple of things may happen.

you get only a small part of the message.
    you may get a bunch of sms that will have the email in bits.
    you may get an sms.

but, you shouldnt be getting your email via sms.
    Thanks felipe. I assume this also counts against monthly SMS charges if so applicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by chriztang
    excuse me, I have read the treohelper readme but still can't figure out how does it work with snappermail for pushing email.
    Just go with Chatter Email and you don't have to install a second app to get push-like email and you don't have to deal with sms messages.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    When you've already spent money on SM, and only need POP mail(which Chatter doesn't offer), there's no need to spend $$$ on another e-mail program. If I had a need for IMAP, it would be Chatter for me in a second.

While I agree it's a little more hassle to use this trigger method, it beats buying Chatter and setting up another seperate e-mail just for the sake of push mail.
    dwman - Chatter has many other benefits besides push, though perhaps they aren't valuable to you either...

Marc
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    dwman - Chatter has many other benefits besides push, though perhaps they aren't valuable to you either...

Marc
    I know, Marc. I applaud all the great work you do and the support you give to your customers. It's first class grade A top notch, however, you're right, I personally have no need for Chatter right now.

Just trying to educate others about the alternatives for us POP users. Believe me, I wish there was a POP e-mail client that offered push as well as your Chatter works for IMAP.
    Works great guys, this is why I visit the forums so frequently, there's a plethora of applications out there I've never heard of before that make the whole Versamail screw-up all the less painful. Works great with Snappermail with IMAP-SSL.

Tried Chatter before, and just didn't like it. The GUI was cumbersome and there were temporary lock-up issues during polling if the Vision connection dropped/etc.
    evilghost - ChatterEmail is VERY different than it was months ago...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Thanks felipe. I assume this also counts against monthly SMS charges if so applicable.
    Yeah it takes away from your count.

BTW, I'm on t-mobile. And the second option (getting the large email in little bits) I gave only happened once or twice. Now I would either get it as an sms or it will get cut off.

I dont usually get large sms any more.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Works great guys, this is why I visit the forums so frequently, there's a plethora of applications out there I've never heard of before that make the whole Versamail screw-up all the less painful. Works great with Snappermail with IMAP-SSL.

Tried Chatter before, and just didn't like it. The GUI was cumbersome and there were temporary lock-up issues during polling if the Vision connection dropped/etc.
    I had the same experience evilghost - I simply couldn't stand Chatter's GUI and the constant lags whenever I did something. SnapperMail works like a champ and looks great (and no need to setup a second email account for POP). Go SnapperMail!
    Tiffany - Not sure what the "constant lags" were, but they were almost certainly a setup issue... Lags of ANY sort are abnormal.

Marc
    I'm stuck on the first step. How would I get my AOL, for example, to forward to 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com? I also have a POP account I would want to do it on too.
    When you guys are sending youself SMS's to notify you of new email don't you get sometimes 4 or 5 sms's depending how big the email is per alert per email notification? I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this but at the moment I forward my comcast email to username@mycingular.com email address and from there I have set up email alerts but there is a major lag time in Cingular's network between when the email was sent and when I receive the sms alert. I've usually already picked up the new email before I ever even get the sms. Now if I change the forwarding address to xxxxxxxxxx@mobile.mycingular.com for what ever reason the sms gets to my phone faster but I get multiple sms's for one email (1 of 5, 2 of 5, 3 of 5 etc...).
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12