Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can I use Web Browser Pro 3.0 as a substitute for Blazer on my Treo 650?

KPS
    Yessir!
    What's the advantage of this browser over Blazer?

Aloke
    Well, for one thing..for me at least, I can sign in to eBay with Web Pro, where I can't with Blazer or Xiino.
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    Well, for one thing..for me at least, I can sign in to eBay with Web Pro, where I can't with Blazer or Xiino.
    now you can.
    It doesn't let me do it on eBay.ca.....don't know why....
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What's the advantage of this browser over Blazer?

Aloke
    WebPro is way faster than Blazer. I also think that it formats better most of the time. It deals with sites with frames a lot better than Blazer (Blazer is USELESS for Outlook Web Access, WebPro is great with it).

Disadvantages with WebPro is that the 5-way support sux.

A lot of folks swear by Xiino. I couldn't get used to the interface.
  8.    #8  
    I have purchased Web Pro and it doesn't work with my Treo 650. I enter the activation code and it tells me that I don't have authorization to use the software and then it reboots.

Any ideas?

KenStoub
    You didn't have to purchase it. There is a free patched version which I use.

Webpro patched
    Has anyone ever gotten either version to work on the T650? I tried a while back and couldn't get them to work - similar issue to KenStoub above. I agree that it rocks for OWA...
    Just tried this version - so far so good on the 650! And I don't feel guilty as I already purchased it for the 600...
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    You didn't have to purchase it. There is a free patched version which I use.

Webpro patched
    I downloaded this version and it does not seem to display images and does not have full 5 way navigation implemented (center button). I am using a T600.a
    Hey Ken --- How's the horseback riding going????????
    This doesn't work at all on my Treo 650 (Cingular GSM).

It refuses to connect to the internet with or without the Proxy.

Oh well....Blazer and Xiino are superior anyway.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Does anyone know if Blazer 4 will work w/ the 600? I fished around Pa1mOne's site and couldn't find anything about downloading it, let alone compatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAN2004
    I downloaded this version and it does not seem to display images and does not have full 5 way navigation implemented (center button). I am using a T600.a
    I don't think 3.0 works well with the 600. I wasn't able to view images on it when I had the 600 but works well on my 650. No 5 way support however.
    I have 3.5 from a Zire72, but it refuses to run (not authorised to use this application). Has anyone gotten 3.5 to work? WebPro had some great features over Blazer, specifically opening .html files anywhere on the card (although that bit does work with this patched 3.0)
    web pro smokes blazer. I'm amazed by how much faster, and better, it renders pages. If you don't have it, get the patched version now. Just don't run it on the SD card using Zlauncher.
    Last edited by Miggy; 03/08/2005 at 08:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    web pro smokes blazer. I'm amazed by how much faster, and better, it renders pages. If you don't have it, get the patched version now. Just don't run it from Zlauncher RAM.
    What kind of problem does running it from Zlauncher RAM cause?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    I have 3.5 from a Zire72, but it refuses to run (not authorised to use this application). Has anyone gotten 3.5 to work? WebPro had some great features over Blazer, specifically opening .html files anywhere on the card (although that bit does work with this patched 3.0)
    Actually, you can open .html files from blazer. I cut n paste the following:

I put an HTML file into the root of my SD card and invoked Blazer with:

file:///default.html

or in a subdirectory:

file:///web/default.html

See thread http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ht=html+blazer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast