1.    #1  
    I have just purchased a new Treo 650 from PalmOne and have selected Cingular as my service provider.

The Treo 650 is not recognizing my 256 MB Memory Expansion Card that I purchased from PalmOne. When I check with Card Info it says: No Card inserted.

I have checked the card in other devices and it works fine. I have also checked other good cards in the Treo 650 and they don't work as well. As such, I don't think it's the SD card.

Any help would be appreciated.

KPS
    Well then I would take the phone back or at least try another card jsut to make sure it is the phone.
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    If you haven't done so yet, format the card in your Treo. It might work.

Also try a soft or hard reset and try read the card again.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KenStoub
    The Treo 650 is not recognizing my 256 MB Memory Expansion Card that I purchased from PalmOne.
    Please tell us you didn't pay $60 for a PalmOne 256M card....
  5.    #5  
    Yes I did! And it's almost impossible to contact PalmOne. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    OUCH. You can get a 1G card for that now. 256M is $5 over at ecost.

Like Rat said above, have you tried reformatting the card (CardInfo -> Menu -> Format Card)?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have the problem where the Treo will not perform an "auto format" of the card, there for would not recognize it. I had to put the new SAN SD 256 card in my Kodak camera, format it there, then place it in the Treo where the card was recognized. Weird...
  8.    #8  
    I have reformatted my card in my Kodak camera and tried it again in my Treo 650.

It stills says "no card inserted".

Help!!

KPS
    It sounds like you're running out of options. Probably time to excahge the phone - though you could try another SD card first, just to rule out all possibilities.
    Replace the phone....

My friend had the same problem.

Its the phone....... :-(
  11.    #11  
    I have replaced the phone. It works now.

Thanks for the help!!