1.    #1  
    Is there a Cingular version of Business Connection that will allow you to control Lotus Notes that is running on your desktop? I can currently send and receive Lotus Notes messages from my phone when Lotus Notes is running on my desktop bask at the office (through Sprint Business Connection). A friend of mine who works for the same company recently purchased a Cingular 650 and wants to access his Lotus Notes. Can someone point me in the direction of software that will allow him to do the same thing?

Thanks
    I could never get Sprint Business Connection to work with LNotes at my office. When I try to put in my password it would never accept the LNotes password. Figure it must be something with the LNotes id file......
    Have you tried Xpress Mail? Cingular's own email app that works GREAT with Notes and any other email account. I get my Notes mail, contacts and calendar pushed to my phone. It's really nice.
    xpress mail IS bc... they're both developed by Seven
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I found the following settings gave me access after hours of failure, and then worked for two other people, at least at my company:

Go to settings, then preferences:

Pull down "mail" and under the "storage" button reduce the "fetch" to 25.
    Pull down "calendar" and uncheck the calendar button.

This gives me email access but does not work for calendar synch. I'm ok with the compromise as for $10 a month means I can usually ditch my notebook.

Also, for what it is worth, I can leave Lotus Notes closed on my PC and Biz Connect still synchs messages. That way I don't have to worry if someone tries to read/send email from my deskbound notebook. I just close the Notes program, flip down my NB lid and my TREO/BC email works.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the responses guys. I will pass along this thread to my friend .
    Good tip on that one as those are the best debugging steps for Lotus which is inherently slow to sync and can result in S7121 errors. Rumor has it there may be a fix to get around this issue in the works my little birdies have told me.

Lotus is also just a tough one to get connected due to all the variations and customizations that can be made to it that mess up outside clients. There are some decent posts here you may find by doing a Search for Business Connection, BCPE etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCellBuyer
    I found the following settings gave me access after hours of failure, and then worked for two other people, at least at my company:

Go to settings, then preferences:

Pull down "mail" and under the "storage" button reduce the "fetch" to 25.
    Pull down "calendar" and uncheck the calendar button.

This gives me email access but does not work for calendar synch. I'm ok with the compromise as for $10 a month means I can usually ditch my notebook.

Also, for what it is worth, I can leave Lotus Notes closed on my PC and Biz Connect still synchs messages. That way I don't have to worry if someone tries to read/send email from my deskbound notebook. I just close the Notes program, flip down my NB lid and my TREO/BC email works.
    If you want to sync directly with your Domino Server, go to commontime.com. Their product is decently priced. It has a little bug with the "push" mail function and scheduled sync function; however, manually syncing works like a charm. Commontime is working on the auto sync and push problem and should have a fix in a few weeks.
    Bob