Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Hi all -

I've waded through a zillion threads on this. I've looked at all the web sites. I'm still a bit confused.

We used to use notes. I got mnotes for my treo and they worked great together. We've moved to MS exchange/outlook, and I'm trying to find an equivalent solution.

A couple of things mnotes had that were very important to me:

1) We have a corporate contact list and I have a personal one. I want them both merged and put into the treo. I need any new entries I add to my Treo to be added to my personal list in outlook.

2) I like to store recent email on my treo (via hotsync). I read it when I'm out and about, and file most of my messages. I have a zillion folders that I file my email in. I need the Treo email client to show all the mail folders I have on my desktop and sync the filing actions on the next hot sync.

Everyone raves about Agendus, so I looked at that. It's got the email client that can handle the folders, but I don't think it handles the two contact lists. I'm guessing that's the case because it doesn't have it's own sync software, and I don't think the basic Treo 600 sync software deals with the two files.

Beyond contacts might handle the contact lists, but I don't think it can handle the multiple email folders.

Intellisync and Pocket Mirror might be able to handle both needs, but they're quite expensive, and as sync only solutions, I'm worried I'll have to buy Agendus or something in addition.

It doesn't seem like I'm asking alot, but I don't see a great solution. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Personally, I like Agendus for contact and datebook management.
    I solved the merging of my personal and work contacts by just creating different catagories. I have work, buisness, family, and friends catagories. I imagine if you absolutely need to have 2 seperate address books, that would pose quite a problem. Merging them into one address book and catagorizing them was my solution.

I don't sync my recient email's so I would't be much help with that.

And isn't Pocket Mirror on the Treo install CD?
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    Personally, I like Agendus for contact and datebook management.
    I solved the merging of my personal and work contacts by just creating different catagories. I have work, buisness, family, and friends catagories. I imagine if you absolutely need to have 2 seperate address books, that would pose quite a problem. Merging them into one address book and catagorizing them was my solution.
    Thanks.

My problem is that I don't maintain the work contacts. Someone in HR does. So I need to be able to let them update those, and have me update all the others. Could I do that with categories?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Wow. This is worse than I thought.

Agendus:

- Won't sync public outlook contacts, at least not without an add on conduit
    - Doesn't support multiple mail folders through hot sync. It does if you go directly to the email server, but through the hot sync conduit you only get inbox/outbox.

Beyond Contacts:

- Won't sync public outlook contacts
    - Doesn't support multiple mail folders, just inbox/outbox.

Cupura/Pocket Mirror/Key Suite:

- Will sync public outlook contacts
    - Doesn't deal with mail at all

Intellisync

- I think it will sync public outlook contacts
    - Will sync multiple mail folders.

So to replicate the solution I have with mnotes, I have to buy:

Intellisync: $70
    Agendus Pro: $40

$110 just to get full featured support for outlook!!!

Am I missing something? Do I need to go to a PPC?
    Last edited by santa; 03/03/2005 at 10:35 PM.
    This is the way I went, but I did it because I have notes at work and outlook at home. I chose Agendus for the features adn Intellisynch for Lotus/notes support. So far my $599 treo investment is up to $2000, not counting the new data plan and monthly "vig"
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    $2000?!? Wow.

I'm trying to stay under $1000.

I tried the Intellisync/Agendus combo and couldn't get the multiple mail folders (through HotSync) to work.

Right now I'm trying Beyond Contacts. It's cheap ($30), and I found a work around for the public contacts.

I wasn't able to get any solution to let me have multiple (>30) email folders.

I loved the look of agendus, but I would have had to buy an add on sync program to make it work with my two contact folders, and that bumps the price up to around $100.

mnotes was so easy. bummer.