1.    #1  
    Hey all, just curious what apps do you have on your "homepage" of your Treo 650?

personally I will always keep it at 12. Any less and there are "holes", any more and they don't all fit on one screen.

here is mine:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BE4B7F36.bmp

whats on yours?
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    any more and they don't all fit on one screen.
    And all along I thought that's what the scroll bar was for.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    and have to use the stylus or fingernail everytime? I don't think so.

You really don't prefer to have your most used apps "front & centre"?
    Soylent Green Is People

You can use the down rocker arrow to scroll your apps. You don't need a finger or stylus.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    You can always use "View By: List" instead of using "View By: Icon" and fit a whole lot more
    I'm not scared to touch the screen and get it dirty. I generally leave the category set to "All" se I see everything at once. The programs I use most often are already map to hard buttons.
    I only use the Home button to access me secondary applications. Primary ones are all set as Favorites in the Phone app and have a Quick Key defined. Only 2 strokes needed to launch: hit Phone, push & hold quick key. With Home button, you need to trun on unit (since Home doesn't), press Home, and either touch screen or navigate to icon with 5-way or by letter and then press center. Minimum of 3 actions if desired app is the first one on screen.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Mybe chiillin is forgetting about the five way nav.....?

I know I use to in the beginning. Boy will that make you feel dumb!!!
    I keep mine in list view too just cause I have each tab a different pic of
    some half naked model. I don't want no cheap icon blocking my view!!!!!!!!
    Chillin...you aint dealing with a full deck of cards are ya boyo typical vancouver hippie
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    You can use the down rocker arrow to scroll your apps. You don't need a finger or stylus.
    To all you peeps saying I forgot about / don't know about the 5 way directional pad, That is (almost) all I use, I certainly didn't forget about it. My comment about having to use the stylus was in response to:

You have to use the stylus to use the scroll bar.
    Last edited by Chillin_; 03/03/2005 at 12:36 PM.
    Soylent Green Is People

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB
    I only use the Home button to access me secondary applications. Primary ones are all set as Favorites in the Phone app and have a Quick Key defined. Only 2 strokes needed to launch: hit Phone, push & hold quick key. With Home button, you need to trun on unit (since Home doesn't), press Home, and either touch screen or navigate to icon with 5-way or by letter and then press center. Minimum of 3 actions if desired app is the first one on screen.
    It may be less key strokes, but I Guarantee I can access my apps faster by hitting Calender>Home(applications)>down>down>right>select, than you can by hitting phone>(Hold)Q. I hate sitting there holding the key, waiting for something to happen.
    Soylent Green Is People

You have to use the stylus to use the scroll bar.
    As it's been pointed out several times already, you don't need to tap the scroll bar, pushing down on the d-pad will scroll.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    As it's been pointed out several times already, you don't need to tap the scroll bar, pushing down on the d-pad will scroll.
    Yes, I know. As I said all I use to navigate is the 5 way directional pad. Again I was responding to:
    to use the scroll bar you have to use the stylus. I didn't say I used it. I never do. When user I see people using it I wonder why they are going to the extra effort.
    Soylent Green Is People

Yes, I know. As I said all I use to navigate is the 5 way directional pad. Again I was responding to:

DOH!!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I use Launcher X and have it set up so I can have 12 apps on a page before I have to scroll - and I have 9 tabs to choose from.

I could do even more apps on a page, but I find don't really like the looks of it then.

I, too, hate scrolling for apps - I want to SEE them right there.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I use Launcher X and have it set up so I can have 12 apps on a page before I have to scroll - and I have 9 tabs to choose from.

I could do even more apps on a page, but I find don't really like the looks of it then.

I, too, hate scrolling for apps - I want to SEE them right there.
    Ya, I am trying out Launcher X as we speak...

I like it but I Hate not be able to use the directional pad to select apps. For that reason I probably wont stick with it.

Here are screen shot of Launcher X for anyone that cares (there are lots of different skins available)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BE4CA5C8.bmphttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BE4CA5C2.bmphttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BE4CA5C5.bmphttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BE4CA5DE.bmp

I do really like that you can hide any apps that you dont use though.
    Soylent Green Is People

Ya, I am trying out Launcher X as we speak...

I like it but I Hate not be able to use the directional pad to select apps. For that reason I probably wont stick with it.

Clicky

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    cool, thanks man.

I'm leavin' for work. When I got some time I will give it a try.
    Soylent Green Is People