1.    #1  
    Anyone know a way to get pictures from a digital camera to a Treo? I'll be on a 580 mile fundraising bike ride, and would like to be able to take pictures with a decent camera and email them from my Treo.

Thanks for the help.
    Does your digital camera use an SD memory card? If so, you might be able to use Filez and move them into the right directory so that you can email them from your treo. Be careful though for two reasons: I have heard that some dig cam formats arent readable in the treo AND sometimes your dig cam or your treo will 'reformat' your sd card and you lose everything. Definitely try it out with a picture or two before you go.

I tried it when I went on a trip to WA D.C. and the problem was that it was hard to find the folder where the pics on the SD card were stored and the pics were like 1mb a piece and you cant email them (usually your email will time out.) I think I tried to use the built in Pictures app to resize them, I don't remember how well it worked.

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryl
    Anyone know a way to get pictures from a digital camera to a Treo? I'll be on a 580 mile fundraising bike ride, and would like to be able to take pictures with a decent camera and email them from my Treo.

Thanks for the help.
    Buy a camera that uses MMC or SD memory
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    My camera uses compact flash, so I was hoping to figure out some way to transfer pictures using a USB cable of some sort. But, sounds like getting a camera that uses an SD card would be the easiest option. Thanks.
    Don't have to get a SD card camera. If your pics are already in your desktop, email it and "Attach Pic" or as an attachment to your email address on your Treo and open it up in "Pics and Video".

I just did it and it works.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    There is an adapter that looks like a CF shell that takes SD cards. Works well for me. Emailing 2-4MB photos is SLOW, and you need an extra program to do it. Trying to attach to an email without that program (can't remember the name but it was from toysoft) crashed the email every time.
    Even simpler method is to convert your picture format on your desktop to a format handled by palm (jpg and gif i believe). These conversions can often be done by simply right clicking on your photo, select EDIT, which takes you to paintbrush. From their merely SAVE AS and add .jpg or .gif to the end. That doesnt always work, in which case go to www.download.com and search "picture converter" or "jpg converter" and search through. When you convert you will be downgrading the pixel/photo quality of the picture, but otherwise alot of pics are 300kb to 1 mb (depending upon camera) and you may have space issues. Besides, alot of pixels is only useful really for larger viewing of a pic, so the smaller format you get out of the lcd on the treo will accomodate the conversion. This should be a snap. Then use your synch method or that FILEZ program and load it up. Im still new so ive yet to try adding camera pics to caller id. good luck
    ========GWB==========

you are a riot. Bush Country Baby!