1.    #1  
    I just installed a Parrot CK3100 bluetooth hands free kit into my 1999 Lexus LS400. The devices read each other, but everytime they connect with each other, and before I can make or receive any call, the Cingular Treo crashes and reboots. I have installed the Bluetooth car kit patch from Palm, but this has not solved the problem. Does this mean that my phone is defective? Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas as to how I can fix it? Thanks in advance for your input and assistance.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Is your Treo set to disable the device name cache in the Bluetooth menu? I have been experimenting with this, and it seems the Treo doesn't like using the cache. Not sure why. To disable it, click on the Bluetooth icon. When the Bluetooth menu appears, tap the menu button. In the appearing menu, select Disable device name cache. Doing this seems to help with access to various Bluetooth devices. In my case it allows me to use a car kit and headset interchangably, without odd freezing or crashes.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I will try your suggestion tommorrow, and post whether it works. It is incredible that we have to use these boards and do all this research just to get these gadgets to work.
    Mine reboots everytime I get in the car. What I did is to re-install the carkit patch, then set the bluetooth to NO on DISCOVERABLE. From there, I forced the phone and the parrot to pair up, then switched it back to DISCOVERABLE YES. Then the treo works. So the only thing i have to live with is the device rebooting everytime i get into the car. Let me know if you still can't get it to work.
    I had the same problem with soft resets and almost ripped the unit out. I saw on another thread the suggestion that somehow the Parrot unit is allergic to speed-dials with extra digits/pauses attached. I deleted all extra digits and that cured the soft reset problem! (Took me two very frustrating months to come across that solution!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsberck
    (Took me two very frustrating months to come across that solution!)
    I almost sent my Parrot DriveBlue back when I saw that it crashed whenever I tried to do the Handsfree (voice tag) setup.

This should be a sticky thread way up high where people can see it...
    I had the same issue with my driveblue, everytime I tried to set up voice tags it reset the treo