Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    If you are using SplashMoney... how the hell do you add a beggining balance and input it as a negative amount.

    Example -140 specially for credit cards.

    I click on the Treo keyboard the S (key) with the shift key or option key and nothing happens and all i get is a beep inside splashmoney.

    Thank you.
  2. #2  
    I use splashmoney for my checking/savings account.

    To start out with a negative balance:

    1. Open up Splashmoney, click the bottom left corner where it says "Accounts".
    2. Click "Edit".
    3. Select the account you want to edit.
    4. Click "Edit".
    5. Go down to where it says "Beg. Bal."
    6. To enter a negative amount, type your 'alt' key and then the 's' key (for a minus - sign) and then put in the numerical amount (i.e. -140)
    7. Click "OK"

    Good Luck.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I use splashmoney for my checking/savings account.

    To start out with a negative balance:

    1. Open up Splashmoney, click the bottom left corner where it says "Accounts".
    2. Click "Edit".
    3. Select the account you want to edit.
    4. Click "Edit".
    5. Go down to where it says "Beg. Bal."
    6. To enter a negative amount, type your 'alt' key and then the 's' key (for a minus - sign) and then put in the numerical amount (i.e. -140)
    7. Click "OK"

    Good Luck.
    Oh man that sounded so good but still didnt work.

    I click on Beg. Bal and if i click the 'Arrow up' button and then the 'S' nothing happens.

    If i click 'alt' + 'S' nothing happens

    I know the - options works i tried on notepad.
  4. #4  
    Not the best solution, but what if you just start with a zero balance, then make one new transaction to make it a negative balance?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5. #5  
    I'm trying to add my Target Visa account to SplashMoney 4.02 by downloading all my account data from Online to my Treo 650. However, I don't see Target as an option.
    According to Target this is the name of their bank:

    Target National Bank
    c/o Special Credit Services
    Mail Stop 4A-A
    P.O. Box 1331
    Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440-1331

    I've tried Old National Bank and National Bank of Arizona, but they don't work. I think they are formerly know as Retailers National Bank, but I don't see that one either.

    Anybody has successfully done this?

    Thanks,

    Al
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I'm trying to add my Target Visa account to SplashMoney 4.02 by downloading all my account data from Online to my Treo 650. However, I don't see Target as an option.
    According to Target this is the name of their bank:

    Target National Bank
    c/o Special Credit Services
    Mail Stop 4A-A
    P.O. Box 1331
    Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440-1331

    I've tried Old National Bank and National Bank of Arizona, but they don't work. I think they are formerly know as Retailers National Bank, but I don't see that one either.

    Anybody has successfully done this?

    Thanks,

    Al
    The best thing I can tell you is call Target and ask who there underwriter is/or what is the bank. Though I do not think this will work, as my credit card is not listed either. The next best thing I can think of is call/email splashdata and ask for it to be added, then,................................wait. Sucks I know, I am waiting as well.
  7. #7  
    Checkout this thread, it's a good one...Splash Money is also discussed here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62133
  8.    #8  
    Well i still can't firgure it, but since splashmoney comes with a desktop version which gets sync with the palm version i just did it on the desktop and that works and then it shows up as a negative amount on the treo. Just sucks that i can't figure it out if i'm not close to my desktop to hotsync.
  9. #9  
    I am running into the same bug... looks like they forgot to enable the minus key in some dialogs.

    I am also having problems syncing with AMEX today, worked fine yesterday.

    I got around the problem by entering a $3000 dummy transaction to get the balance negative again, tweaking the ending balance to be $3000 off, and then deleting the dummy trans.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
  10. #10  
    Splash knows about the Amex sync issue and will have a fix released soon.
  11. #11  
    Has anybody tried to to move Splash Money to the SD card and synch their accounts Online successfuly?

    Thanks,

    Al
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnetty99
    If you are using SplashMoney... how the hell do you add a beggining balance and input it as a negative amount.

    Example -140 specially for credit cards.

    I click on the Treo keyboard the S (key) with the shift key or option key and nothing happens and all i get is a beep inside splashmoney.

    Thank you.
    I have ClipPRO (http://www.pocketscience.com.au/products.asp) mapped to my side hardware button. I went to memos (anywhere other then splashmoney where you can enter text should work) typed a "-" then highlighted it copied it with ClipPRO then opened SplashMoney and started a new account and in the Beg Ballance field I clicked my side button (opening ClipPRO) selected "Paste Last" and viola!
    I have been using Clip PRO for years, it is one of my must have apps
    http://www.kalelrojin.com/temp/splashclip.jpg
    Last edited by kalelrojin; 03/03/2005 at 01:08 PM.

Posting Permissions