View Poll Results: GSM phone Stable??(mostly resets ) (3rd party software resets excluded)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, stable and happy

19 70.37%
  • No, very annoying

4 14.81%
  • Not enough to bother me

4 14.81%
  1.    #1  
    It seems that the CDMA people were having problems with their treo.

Have GSM people had any problems at all?

Mines perfect so far.... only problem is Big Clock but that's not palmsones fault.
    My treo 650 is very stable ... is yours?
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    i reset mine about 12 times yesterday. only software installed is ptunes
  3.    #3  
    wow... i haven't resetting mine yet.. i've had it for over a week now
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Mine resets about once a day... but no real problems at all.
    Mine has no resets.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    If it resets when receiving calls, it can be a real problem, depending on whether you use it for business or pleasure, and you need to do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    If it resets when receiving calls, it can be a real problem, depending on whether you use it for business or pleasure, and you need to do something about it.
    My wife's was doing that almost every other call, and she is a doctor!!! As luck would have, she was on call that day she got her new Treo. Needless to say, very painful.

Ever since she got the new SIM, she's had ZERO resets.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked GSM Treo, using it on T-Mobile. The only resets I have had are either due to incompatible software or running out of stack memory in the middle of a Bluetooth file transfer, etc. This hasn't happened more than once every couple of days, which is not usual for data-enabled Palms. It seems like the SIM is the primary cause for Cingular customers, something yould think they would have checked very thoroughly.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    First post for the newbie!

My software resets seem to stem from third party software and not from a clean Cingular config. My most persistent resets come from setting icons in Agendus (fortunately I was only using a trial version) and the .78 version of TuSSH (which resets every time I try and connect to a client...guess I'll give up now )

Good success with MegaLauncher (ZLauncher is too busy for my tastes) and 3D add-on icons from Executive Software (I purchased both), FileZ, Win-Hand Anywhere and on-board Blazer, Versamail and Xpress.

Excuse the laundry list, but I thought you might want to know where you might hit some snags. Finally, when compared to a T-Mobile iPAQ and Sidekick II, the 650 is smooth sailing.

Good luck!
  10.    #10  
    just added a poll
    My 600 reset 5 times more frequently.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  12.    #12  
    yea... my girls 600 resets a lot more than mine.. i think it's very stable
    I average about 1 - 2 resets per day, but I suspect they are related to apps I have installed. So far I've been too lazy to try and pinpoint the problem. Never been a big issue though. If I ever miss a call as a result, I can always call back. It'd be annoying, but not the end of the world. I remember the days when not everyone and their brother had a cell phone. How did we ever survive?
    Mine does not reset at all anymore.....
    I have a few apps installed....
    zlauncher
    xiino
    filez
    ptunes
    express weather
    hand wallet

I have not had a single reset in over two weeks about. I was having some difficulty at the start but that was primarily a conflict with apps. I took a day to systematically narrow it down to mring and verichat. I got rid of those two and now its reset free!!!!!!

Loving this phone, girlfriend hating it!