Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    1. DateBook5-
    Hands down the calender app for me. Icons make the month at a glance view indispensible to me.
    2. 2day-
    The only thing missing from DB5. Great app, and the launcher gives me instant access to the other four in this list (plus one)!
    3. Handmark Express-
    News, Weather, 411, Maps. It has it all! I don't do much with games or ringers so my $10 a month download credit from Sprint pays for this every month since I have it billed through them! Well worth it!!!!
    4.Docs to go-
    May sound silly, but if I could only have six it would have to be there!
    5. SplashID-
    I have to much crap in my brain already to try and remember logins, passwords, account #s, etc.
    6. ZAP!2016-
    Ya gotta have a little fun in life, and blasting aliens sure keeps me from climbing a clock tower some days!

I should also add that I just put TAKEphONE on there last night, but it may soon replace one of the others on this list. Check it out. Both it and 2day are reasonably priced and the thirty day trial period gives you plenty of time to decide if they're right for you!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I finally have to add mine, in no particular order:

TodayPlus
    Initiate
    Docs to Go
    Easy Notes
    Directory Assistance
    Verichat

Tough being limited to six.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    I was bored.

The Top Six Programs are:

Pocket Tunes witthere was 23 Votes
    Directory Assitant with 22 votes
    Snapper Mail with 17 votes
    ZLauncher with 16 votes
    Chatter with 14 votes
    and Verichat and Agundus tied with 11 votes

Per Tiffany's instructions, I only counted the first 6 programs the posted listed. If there was a 7th choice, it was ignored.

I assumed, when someone mention "chatter", they meant chatter mail and not chatter the I.M. client.
    Very interesting that most of the top apps are things you can only do with a connected device (DA, Snappermail, Chatter, Verichat). None of these programs really existed pre-Treo (and its equivalents).
    OK. Which MP3 ringer app do you guys think is the best. I used callfilter on my 600 but i see that it does not work well on the 650. What do you guys suggest.
    OK. I'll play too.

1. PocketSAT+ (visually track satellites, space station, shuttle etc..) great hi-res - awesome program !!!
    2. Treo Alarm (wakes me up everyday - great weather too)
    3. Directory Assistant
    4. FileZ
    5. Uninstall
    6. AvantGo
    Last edited by hdtvman; 04/19/2005 at 03:34 PM.
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Very interesting that most of the top apps are things you can only do with a connected device (DA, Snappermail, Chatter, Verichat). None of these programs really existed pre-Treo (and its equivalents).
    Also consider that PocketTunes gets a lot of its votes because of it's ability to play shoutcast (streaming internet music), and you have 5 out of 6.
    1. Zlauncher (this should be the default Palm launcher)
    2. Verichat (where would I be without it? at home waiting)
    3. Snappermail
    4. Kinoma
    5. My Bible
    6. Docs To Go
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Okay, here's mine:

1) DateBk 5.4a
    Using this for past few years, and love the "float" feature and other customizations. 100 times better than the default calendar.

2) SnapperMail 2.2.6.01 Enterprise
    For checking emails, sending & receiving. This newest version works better for archiving to SD card and sending picture attachments. Other favorite is VersaMail.

3) MyCheckBook 5.3.7
    For balancing my checks, and accounts, or I'd be lost. This program actually beams your entire account database info to another Palm unit!

4) FileZ 5.40017
    This free program is so darn useful! I'm always beaming my entire Calendar, Address, Memo, To Do, and other files to my other Palm handhelds for backup. This program even beams locked apps too!

5) Blazer 4.0
    I'm on the internet using Blazer all the time, but don't know if Blazer is the best browser for my Treo 650. I may start exploring other browser apps.

6) Docs To Go 7.002 Premium
    Even though the Premium edition does some cool extra things such as spell checker, I don't like the fact it duplicates every file...very strange. The standard version didn't have this duplication problem. I also don't like the fact it stores my picture files, even despite trying to make it not do so.

My other favorites are Yahoo Messenger for doing IM. Directory Assistant is also very cool. mVoice and mLights are also useful. AOL 3.3 is almost a favorite except it can't send attachments.
    SilverScreen ( can't stand facer and zlauncher)
    Emerald Hunt - Adictive Game I must have it on my palm!!
    Wassup - A nice customizable today statup utility
    SnapperMail - It checks on a regular schedule you create
    SplashID - both Palm and Desktop sync for passwords, ids, etc,.
    KeyCaps600/650 - for easy switching to caps and numbers.
    I am relatively new to the Treo world (bought a 600 about a year ago and just upgraded to the 650) Would some of you mind providing a description of what these applications do? I love my treo and spend way too much time playing with it. I am definitely interested in adding some apps but don't know where to begin. Thanks.
    I have one question about Uninstall Manager II. Does it remove programs that came with the phone, like versamail? My main memory is running low and I wanted to move as many apps to the SD card as possible to free up the room. Any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by uprsnr95
    I am relatively new to the Treo world (bought a 600 about a year ago and just upgraded to the 650) Would some of you mind providing a description of what these applications do? I love my treo and spend way too much time playing with it. I am definitely interested in adding some apps but don't know where to begin. Thanks.
    uprsnr95
    Several on the posts in this thread describe many of the apps. Hopefully, they will answer some of your questions. If not, I sure, someone will post some additional info.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    ops

take out thoughtmanager and put in datebook5
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe

#*377
    OK... I'll bite... What does the #*377 do?
    Last edited by JetJockeyJ; 04/23/2005 at 05:49 PM. Reason: duplicated a line of text
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    Let me take a Newbie stab at it so we can both enjoy the razing ,,

As near and vaguely as I can tell it gives feed back on some type of error.
    Enter ("dial") this sequence into the Palm phone app after a soft reset and it will show you in what application the last soft reset occured in, and something about where it occured. Use this to perhaps work out which app is blowing up (and therefore which thread here to complain on ) - however this is known to not be accurate all the time.

Quite why Palm thought this was a modern ergonomic way of giving you access to Treo650 error information is anybody's guess.

This "app" is not on my top 6 .
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
    btw this sequence may not work for your phone. it is different for the other carriers. this one works for t-mo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Agendus
    Diet & Exercise
    Money
    Dic to go
    Stock Manager
    Express
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Mine are:

chatter (great for push mail, i.e. blackberry)
    verichat
    tcpmp (FREE movie player) (i've never watched more movies on treo works flawlessly)
    Splashmoney (great, have it wired up staright to my accts via direct connect)
    voicedial by voice signal (i took out the option for choicelists and it works PERFECTLY)
    PocketTunes
    Uninstall (great for removing software I use to test out)
    mLights
    butler
    Splashblog --sooo fun!! www.splashblog.com/mtamedeo

(more than six...sorry!)
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast