Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinbrewer
    Yahoo IM - you access this via portals right ? OR is there actually a yahoo IM program you can download like verichat ?
    Probably the one from Burmeister-Brown
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Probably the one from Burmeister-Brown
    Does that Yahoo IM app count as SMS/TMs or does it connect via your internet connection? I don't have many TMs included in my plan, but unlimited internet.

Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Watch out, it's like Scientology...Once you use ZLauncher, you can never go back.....you've been warned!

I tried it twice, and went back...twice. I LOVE hi-launcher. I am currently trying LauncherX, for which I really can't find much new stuff.

Hey, is VolumeCare really that good? I see it posted a lot.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I think incomming counts as sms but sending counts as data. i have the old att plan which has incomming free, so this program works nicely with my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Does that Yahoo IM app count as SMS/TMs or does it connect via your internet connection? I don't have many TMs included in my plan, but unlimited internet.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I assume it uses SMS/TMs because the setup requires your mobile number to work. It however crashes on my 650 a GREAT DEAL.
    Wow. I'm a new Treo650 (Sprint) owner. I just wanted to dispel the myth that no newbies read through all 20 pages of this thread.

I've been using my Treo for... 4 days now and I picked up some great apps from this thread... including DA, KeyCaps, and PalmVNC. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by epharmacist
    In no particular order:

1) Texas Hold-em (MDM, great for airports and plane rides)
    2) Crosswords (MDM, great mind work-out on planes...can you tell I travel)
    3) TOM TOM Navigator 5 (Brand new for business travel, hopefully I can expense)
    4) Realplayer (The original)
    5) TCPMP (I used all free programs to rip & burn my dvd's and watch them on my Treo 650, I watch Napoleon Dynamite and Pirates of the... on the plane)

I definitely gotta find a program to enhance my email capabilities with my phone...

How do you get a dvd to fit on a treo 650 ? AND, well while i'm at it, what software do you need in order to make it all happen ?
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarEclipse
    I just wanted to dispel the myth that no newbies read through all 20 pages of this thread.
    20 pages fly by when you're jotting down notes....

I've been using my Treo for... 4 days now and I picked up some great apps from this thread... including DA, KeyCaps, and PalmVNC. Thanks!
    I suggest Zlauncher and Agendus. Gottem both yesterday and I don't think I can go back to the standard Palm launcher and app. You won't be disapointed
    Wow. I'm a new Treo650 (Sprint) owner. I just wanted to dispel the myth that no newbies read through all 20 pages of this thread.

It takes a while to go through this thread, but it is well worth it!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Hey, is VolumeCare really that good? I see it posted a lot.
    Yes. Let me just say, since I installed volumecare, I can now make a call in a bar or club and hear what the other end is saying almost perfectly because the volume can get so strong.
    1) Mundu Messenger - use to chat with friends in MSN Messenger
    2.) RLock - use to stabilize treo650
    3.) FunSMS - use to send sms
    4.) Contact5 - use to retrieve contacts quickly
    5.) EWallet - use to store credit info
    6.) RingO - MP3 as ringtones

i can name more but six is a good number! Amen!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    1. Chatter Email
    2. Rlock
    3. dbcache tool (Goodbye soft rests in the middle of something important for no apperent reason).
    4. Key Caps 650
    5. Docs to go
    6. mSafe
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinbrewer
    How do you get a dvd to fit on a treo 650 ? AND, well while i'm at it, what software do you need in order to make it all happen ?
    Do a search on the forum for "Ripping DVD" and you'll find the info. I use FairUse Wizard and TCPMP and have loaded up to 2 movies at a time to my 512 mb SD card. It takes somewhere around 200 mb for a 2 hour movie.

Okay, so here's my essentials list (hard to decide which 6 are the most used/important!):
    1- Zlauncher
    2- Datebook5
    3- Handmark Express (only got it because it was half-price, but now not sure I could do without it!)
    4- Audible (Books on tape with auto cassette adapter)
    5- TCPMP (Mostly for watching DVD's while traveling)
    6- Checklist
    1.) 2Day
    2.) Verichat
    3.) Chatter
    4.) Splash ID
    5.) Filez
    6.) Vindigo
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Vindigo, vindigo, vindigo. Without it, I wouldn't even bother with a smartphone. Invaluable for reviews/directions/phone numbers/maps for city restaurants/bars/shops/movies, etc.
    3. dbcache tool (Goodbye soft rests in the middle of something important for no apperent reason).

Hello Twitch,

Can you elaborate more on dbcache tool please? Where do you get it, and how do you use it?

Thanks, CC.
    How do you listen to audible (books, subscriptions, etc.) through your BT headset? I would love to be able to do that. I have subscribed to Audible for the past two years. Thanks.

Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar
    How do you listen to audible (books, subscriptions, etc.) through your BT headset? I would love to be able to do that. I have subscribed to Audible for the past two years. Thanks.

Cougar
    Those that do it are using a 600 with a jabra bt adapter, bt headset and freedom to send the audio out the audiojack.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Chatter
    Agendus
    I8
    Butler
    Adarian Money
    PolyNote
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Those that do it are using a 600 with a jabra bt adapter, bt headset and freedom to send the audio out the audiojack.
    You can use a A210 jabra adaptor on the 650 too, the only difference is that you do not need to buy freedom. The 650 will automatically send the sound to the headphone jack.
    ...but you do need the bluetooth adapter thanks palmone