Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    One thing I like about datebk5 is that it can handle 32k (instead of standard 4K) memo and note sizes on the Treo 650.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/whatsnewinversion54a.htm

I do not see any indication of this on the agendus release notes:

http://www.iambic.com/agenduspro/palmos/whatsnew.asp

Is this true, 32k for datebk5 and 4k for agendus, or can some agendus user prove me wrong?
    Agendus supports > 4kb memos and notes - I use it all the time. So this should not be a discriminating factor in your purchase decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawMatt
    In the PalmOne supplied Outlook conduit you can switch off timezone support. This will ensure the meeting appears at the right time for your PC's or PDA's native timezone (I forget which).

Not ideal, but effective. Really wish PalmOne had been a little more forthcoming about this new API before releasing their products.

Matt
    But this is not true if you are using VersaMail with ActiveSync. I really wish the 2 databook solutions out there (dataBK5 and Agendas) would hurry up and update their code. The Palm API has been out for many months now.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by DawMatt
    Agendus supports > 4kb memos and notes - I use it all the time. So this should not be a discriminating factor in your purchase decision.
    good to know, thanks for this clarification.
    Ok, I'll bite

My must have apps are:

Last edited by godschoice; 09/22/2005 at 07:23 PM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    What website can I purchase Directory Assistance?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred44
    Here's your answer:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90120
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred44
    it will cost you eleventy billion dollars

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...tory_Assistant

start showing me the pennies boyo
    [QUOTE=godschoice]Ok, I'll bite

Resco Explorer - if don't have this you are missing out

TCPMP (video and audio)

Godschoice,

I didn't realize TCPMP can also play audio music files until you mentioned it here. Sure enough, in TCPMP I opened up my audio folder and was able to play my MP3 music...very cool! Of course, PocketTunes is better for music, but it's still cool to have TCPMP do the same.

Regarding Resco Explorer, I'm wondering if you have used this for the built in backup function? If so, how do you like the backup function?

Thanks, CC.
    I use both Resco Explorer's and BackupBuddyVFS Pro. I use BB Pro because it is automated. One day will look at the standalone Resco Backup which can do automated backups too - they make such good products.

Update: I've looked at Resco Backup and am sold. Must have for Treo 650 owners. You have setup a project to backup the Saved Preferences and restore just that when needed.
    Last edited by godschoice; 10/08/2005 at 10:21 PM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Receive PDF email attachments and view them on your wireless PDA!

NOW IN COLOR TOO. GOTO HTTP://WWW.PDF2PDA.COM

Works on Treo 600/650, most color Blackberry models, and more. No additional handheld software or desktop software required*.

New Release of PDF2PDA- August 23rd 2005
    Cook Consulting Services, Inc. is proud to announce the formal release of PDF2PDA, now with color support. With PDF2PDA, you can now view full color PDF email attachments on the most popular wireless handhelds, no strings attached. This is a completely wireless solution. No additional handheld software or desktop software is required*. This solution supports any PDF and all mobile email applications that support jpg attachment downloading and viewing.
    Evaluate PDF2PDA for 5 days for free. After evaluation, buy a PDF2PDA 1-year service subscription for $40 USD for the individual.

Extra Discounts/Features available for Business Customers.
    GOTO http://www.pdf2pda.com/

Google Terms:
    View PDF on Blackberry. PDF Viewer for Blackberry. PDF Viewer for Treo. PDF Reader for Blackberry. PDF Reader for Treo. Acrobat Reader for Palm OS. Acrobat Reader fro Blackberry. Acrobat Reader on Treo. Acrobat Reader on Blackberry.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    cookjeremiah,

Thank you for offering this service.
    However, is it really necessary for you to cross-post into every thread that refers to PDF's? I'm sorry to say that your "spam" approach has turned me off...

Regards,
    Keith
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Now to get this thread back on topic...

VolumeCare (Since getting my 650)
    Contacts (OEM App.)
    DateBk5 (since Datebk3 days)
    eWallet
    Ultrasoft Money
    Chatter

And a few more if you will...

AvantGo
    Blazer
    BackupBuddy VFS
    Docs2Go (only switched from QuickOffice since Doscs2Go came free with 650)
    AcidImage
    mVoice
    mSafe (since 650)
    Worldmate Pro
    CardExport II
    Handyshopper
    HappyDays (waiting for an app using new PIM databases)
    Holidays (waiting for an app using new PIM databases)
    YAUC
    BDicty
    TCMP
    CCLite
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Well, two of my favorite free programs are:

TreoAlarm

and

Today.
    hi there

i believe treo alarm is $14.50 which includes one year of support and upgrades.

I loved this program when I first received it but when the trial was running out I confirmed that in fact ( for me, your mileage may vary) this was the application that casued my resets and did not play well with others.

Anyway..i don't believe it is free.

thanks

Mike
    In no particular order:

1. KeyCaps
    2. Treo Guard
    3. Directory Assitance
    4. Volume Care
    5. KMaps
    6. Snappermail
    7. Filz
    Anyone know of anything to make selecting wallpaper easier???
    i love these:

power run
    volume care
    voice dial
    card export
    pocket tunes deluxe
    avantgo

and though that makes six, here are some other suggestions i love:
    just as family entertainment in the car: trivial pursuit
    ereader
    to wow friends:tcpmp (i have get shorty & jerry mcguire on a 2gb card)
    videohound-unbelievable movie resource
    nexus-great dictionary
    Needed to update my list:

P-Tunes
    Oxford Dictionary
    NesEm
    Directory Asst.
    BackupMan
    Hi-Launcher

plus
    dbScan
    Handy Shopper
    Camera
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    1- DateBk 5 (If I could only have one 3rd party app on my device this would have to be it)

2- mSafe (the remote nuke feature included is absolutely ingenious and helps me sleep at night Please don't anyone tell me it's just a gimmick)

3- Profiles 1.01 (Cannot believe how convenient it is to have all these previously time-consuming and repetitious tasks automated for me)

4- SplashID (I'd be completely lost without it)

5- FileZ (So intuitive)

6- KeyCaps650 (Used for so many years in so many devices that I felt handicapped until I installed it in this new 650)

And...after reading so many good things here about RescoBackup and Butler I have a feeling they will become two new indispensables.
    OK, Long time lurker but now a Treo 650 owner... I've owned a Palm OS based PDA since the original Palm Pilot. Upgrade to a Treo 650 from the Kyocera 7135. So it wasn't hard for me to compile my top 6:

1. ZLauncher
    2. Documents to Go
    3. SilkScreen (Couldn't give up Graffiti)
    4. PDANet
    5. CityID
    6. AOL for Palm
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    1. Zlauncher -- My Palm looks like an Apple running OS X.
    2. Yahoo IM -- Tremendously useful and free
    3. Kinoma Player -- Awesome quality
    4. SnapperMail -- This should have been standard instead of Verichat
    5. BackupBuddy -- Never had to use it, but nice to know it's there.
    6. Pocket Quicken -- No easier way to sync quicken data.

Yahoo IM - you access this via portals right ? OR is there actually a yahoo IM program you can download like verichat ?